Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan2017

Fire or ‘Way to Go!’ Tom Allen?

46 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

EXTEND TOM ALLEN

Plenty to improve upon, but he has things moving in the right direction and clearly wants to be here.

More than anything give him more money for a staff and one big capital project. 

Remove the drop ceilings maybe 

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

More than anything give him more money for a staff and one big capital project. 

Remove the drop ceilings maybe 

Next big one has to be a new (or reno’d) indoor or a press box/suite expansion. Going to take a lot, but after a season like this, they’ll be able to ask for a lot. We have to be in the bottom 2-3 in both of those categories if I had to guess. 

59 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

I think renovating Mellencamp would be more impactful for the program itself.

Definitely. Both are bordering on embarrassing, but just seeing Purdue’s indoor for the first time today...wow. We’re not even in the same stratosphere. 

Only thing is convincing the higher ups to do Renovations and upgrades. Yeah Mcrobbie was there today, but he doesn’t see value in sports.....glass and Allen had to have closed door meetings to get the donated locker room approved basically along with other items that have been done in the past years. glass has the 24 sports 1 team thing, mellencamp should be on the top of the list if they come to Tom and say what do you need done first....renovate that a little better....then draw out a plan for a new indoor for football only if Fred will get off that 1 team thing. Football and basketball should be treated differently. Heck even soccer should imo, they deserve a world class training facility. 

McRobbie has been and will continue to be a huge obstacle for our athletics programs and taking advantage of this momentum that Allen has established. Glass has always had a hand tied behind his back due to McRobbie raiding the piggy bank for non-athletic projects and has done pretty well considering those circumstances by raising money on his own.

I think it is going to depend a lot on how much Glass can raise on his own, unfortunately. I think other programs have benefited from renovations to the point where we might be in position to shift more towards football but that's not a long term solution.

32 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Glass has no problems, upgrading the facilities. Glass wants IU to be the best it can possibly be. The issue is and has always been McRobbie. The fact that he uses the BTN money for Non-Athletic stuff is a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Glass does have a problem with football only facilities. Upgrading no....there’s no problem, it’s definitely Mcrobbie, but if you want a stand alone football facility I’d say it’s gonna be a tough fight. Unless glass changes immensely. It’s been brought up before about building another weight room dedicated to other sports and then the football players only use the one in stadium. He’s said he doesn’t see that changing.