Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

(2021) G Luke Brown to Ball State

28 minutes ago, HoosierCoop said:

I would love to have a Hulls, Aaron Craft, Brody Boyd, etc.

• Is a winner.....doesn't settle for losing.
  • Is a floor general.
  • Does the little things, always.
  • Makes others around him better.
  • Can kill you on the shot, or burn you with a spot on pass.
  • Can't do a 360 or windmill dunk.
  • Wreaks havoc on players the he defends.

Luke Brown???  Possibly....

I think those things absolutely describe him ....he will need some size to get the Aaron craft defensive persona to stick so I’m curious to watch that over the next couple years but yes it seems like that type of player always kills us season in and out and it seems like we have that type of player infrequently 

22 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Don’t you think if that was a  possibility Archie would be showing some interest? 

Super fair point and it bothered me for a while there was no contact what so ever but I think dgmabill made some great points to that effect that help explain it regarding Archie’s defensive vision.  They type of player he wants or the type of traits he needs for his philosophy kind of have the same check boxes as scouting and ranking systems ....at Luke’s size and at his level of leaping ability Archie May not feel like he could fit unless he grows a lot and he may not want to lead the kid on.

on top of this I feel like he put a lot of eggs in the Lander basket and Lander doesn’t look like a one and done so with Galloway on roster and Leal possibly singing that could leave brown without a spot on the floor even if he improves and is offered 

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Honestly, I've reached the point that I'd be happy if he committed to PUke or pUKe or Duke just so we could bring this weird obsession to a close.

Hey ! Where ya been all summer ? Did you get a chance to watch Luke and turn south on him ?

9 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I've never been 'north' on him as I've referred to him as one-dimensional several times.  I try to focus on bringing facts and hard data to the board and rarely get involved in the verbal sparring that occassionally takes place but your obsession with Luke is just plain weird.  And it's not just on btb, but you're obsession with him sticks out like a sore thumb on another board I follow.  Weird; it's just plain weird.

Weird ?  That’s a far cry from the guy who welcomed me to the bored.  I’m a little more disappointed at your detraction than others because at your 30k reactions it’s clear you follow a lot of recruiting and, further , at your age ( compliment to experience not a knock ) it’s also likely that you’ve fandomed through eras where the type of player Luke is turned out to be successful and crowd favorites more frequently.  In the spring you mentioned you were interested in seeing how his summer went and while the team didn’t provide any stat work ( which is baffling for that level ) his body of work was largely successful both in team stats and Individual performance.  Didn’t mean to suggest you were ever north on him but you definitely weren’t south or were at least being objective.  And yes those are the only two boards you’ll find me on ( unless there is a Blackford or Jerry hoover board on these iu sites I’m unaware of ).  Sorry if I offended you in either forum.  What is your other screen name on there ?

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Don’t you think if that was a  possibility Archie would be showing some interest? 

I think that is the $1 million dollar question.  Stats are stats and can vary between teams, conferences, etc.

I think it is more of a fear of the unknown (in my opinion).  Lander is a given and we should be 150% on his recruitment.

Would it be bad to have Brown in your back pocket though?  Again, it is the unknown.  That is all that I'm saying.

2 minutes ago, HoosierCoop said:

I think that is the $1 million dollar question.  Stats are stats and can vary between teams, conferences, etc.

I think it is more of a fear of the unknown (in my opinion).  Lander is a given and we should be 150% on his recruitment.

Would it be bad to have Brown in your back pocket though?  Again, it is the unknown.  That is all that I'm saying.

I’m very much with you because we should have a plan for if Lander improves because he will have the dukes of the world after him hard 

I suppose so if you believe in every decision that Archie makes.  Some of us do not, and enjoy this thread.

I can agree with that if he was the only one. But this is a top level AAU team that many coaches have come in to see. Granted his stats are padded without sharing the backcourt on Lander. If Lander plays his pt is a fraction of what it is. IE has a few other high majors on it that many coaches from power conferences watch every game. Will he get there? Maybe. But currently unless we completely ignore the fact no other high major is actively recruiting him then I have no reason to believe I shouldn’t trust Archie here.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I personally don’t think he is big enough for what Archie is looking for. Outside of his PG he has been consistent in looking for players that are long and athletic. This kid does not play defense at the level Archie is recruiting. That seems to me the non starter here. His size and defensive abilities.

8 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

I can agree with that if he was the only one. But this is a top level AAU team that many coaches have come in to see. Granted his stats are padded without sharing the backcourt on Lander. If Lander plays his pt is a fraction of what it is. IE has a few other high majors on it that many coaches from power conferences watch every game. Will he get there? Maybe. But currently unless we completely ignore the fact no other high major is actively recruiting him then I have no reason to believe I shouldn’t trust Archie here.

Really good point about not having to share with Lander but he is still sharing with hopf j.r. And kaufman ....it will be interesting to see what they do next year for IE 2021 platinum for sure ....I think Clemson and Purdue have been what I would call active with him but I agree he has no offers and I’ll repeat ...if I was a coach I wouldn’t offer him till next summer and you won’t find anyone that likes him more than me

4 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

I personally don’t think he is big enough for what Archie is looking for. Outside of his PG he has been consistent in looking for players that are long and athletic. This kid does not play defense at the level Archie is recruiting. That seems to me the non starter here. His size and defensive abilities.

Dgambill and I had a long back and forth on that and I agree with him / you ....I think that’s whats prevented contact 

I’m very much with you because we should have a plan for if Lander improves because he will have the dukes of the world after him hard 

IU doesn’t have all their eggs in the Lander basket. I can think of 3 or 4 Pg or combo guards in 2021 they have scouted so far or have done their research on. Luke just isn’t one of them at this point in time. Could things change? Possibly but right now IU is focused elsewhere

14 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Blake Wesley is a four star in-State shooting guard with two posts in his entire thread. This thread has 43 freakin pages.

The poster that has fed that engine is appropriate and respectful at all times, but there’s something about all this that strikes me as completely, absolutely ludicrous, and it also strikes me as a (quite successful) manipulation.

So there.

Not only that. Take our other 2021 in state targets:

Furst - 6 pages

Lander - 9 pages

Kaufman - 2 pages

Pierce Thomas - 2 pages

This thread is more than double the size of all those others combined. It's a derangement being propagated by one "community member" with an agenda.

14 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

IU doesn’t have all their eggs in the Lander basket. I can think of 3 or 4 Pg or combo guards in 2021 they have scouted so far or have done their research on. Luke just isn’t one of them at this point in time. Could things change? Possibly but right now IU is focused elsewhere

That they have offered other than Lander ?

7 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Not only that. Take our other 2021 in state targets:

Furst - 6 pages

Lander - 9 pages

Kaufman - 2 pages

Pierce Thomas - 2 pages

This thread is more than double the size of all those others combined. It's a derangement being propagated by one "community member" with an agenda.

Agenda ...yes ....hopefully see Luke in IU colors 

derangement maybe  ....but not about basketball 

i May have a lot of posts but I don’t have 47 pages ....I think you have to come to grips with the fact that the kid is polarizing 

he seems to be either loved or doubted with not much room in the middle.  40-60% of people on either side of the argument.  That’s the reason for the extensive discussion.  There is no debate on Kaufman and Lander they are good solid recruits ...this one merits debate and I’ve seen good points offered from both sides.