Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

(2021) G Luke Brown to Ball State

Luke Goode is in-state, is 6'6", and arguably shoots it just as well as Luke Brown.

Yeah there is a few we have started zeroing in on beyond the great instate players. Archie just seems like when he is done with who he is after in state wise he is done. We really haven’t circled back to in state kids to be backup to the backup or end of bench type of player.

Just my two cents on this part but I feel as though he is trying to maintain the relationship with AAU and in state coaches. If a Luke Brown comes in wanting PT and it doesn’t work that way then who gets pissed? High School and AAU coaches. Imo that has a lot to do with not giving false hopes or only going after specific in state players. They have to have a specific role for them or a specific scenario to finding the floor. That keeps the relationship good (which Crean couldn’t do) and then the coaches know where their kids stand.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Luke Goode is in-state, is 6'6", and arguably shoots it just as well as Luke Brown.

Moreover ...he's a legacy! His dad played football at IU.

I have only seen highlight videos so I’m hesitant to comment but certainly looks good ....does anyone know his game enough to say whether his game is different than Anthony leal ? That’s who he looked like ?

Is the no contact a possible walk on tactic? I have no idea what the staff is thinking in terms of Luke Brown but could he be a preferred walk on candidate or a sure fire mid to high major recruit?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Is the no contact a possible walk on tactic? I have no idea what the staff is thinking in terms of Luke Brown but could he be a preferred walk on candidate or a sure fire mid to high major recruit?

Well he’s already got an offer from Ball State. He’s not going to be a walk on anywhere.

45 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

If it’s strategy it’s a good one if he stays at his current level but I think it hurts us if he grows and blows up being late to the party 

3 hours ago, Hoosier Roots said:

Could he be a possible red shirt candidate?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

That would be MY personal preference because he’s the type that would really grow from that level of coaching and practice but I’m not convinced they have the patience for it ....I think it would be ideal but not sure they’d go for it ....I think you’re spot on with that thought 

19 hours ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

I don’t disagree with you but if furst and Lander both go elsewhere that leaves us with Kaufman as the only in-state from 2021 ( assuming he signs on )

19 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Moreover ...he's a legacy! His dad played football at IU.

Pierce Thomas is also an in state 2021 we're after. The in state class is loaded. 

2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Pierce Thomas is also an in state 2021 we're after. The in state class is loaded. 

Good point on the depth of the class as a whole .....there isn’t someone that jumps out to me as a sure fire nba stud but just a huge group of solid kids 

I just don't see a downside to offering a kid who has real shooting range to 27', led Indiana in scoring at 35 PPG as a sophomore; and who wants to come to IU.   I would love to know what Archie is waiting on.

Especially since we are and could moving forward have one or more open scholarships

6 hours ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Outstanding watch, thanks for sharing. 

I may have to swing up to Hartford City this season to catch a game.