Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Northwestern - Game Thread - 01.22.19 - 9:00 ET

1 minute ago, Blackmon_for_3 said:

We really need to recruit some shooters. I liked Hemingway out of Castle. Is Armaan Franklin a good enough shooter to play right away or his he a slashing type? This team is really needing a Jordan Hulls/Nick Zeisloft who has anywhere in the gym range. 

Franklin is a decent shooter but nowhere near top tier. Mid 30s in HS

3 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

The color analyst: "Indiana needs to get back to what they are offensively." 

My question:  Just exactly what are we offensively? 

Trash, we are pure trash offensively.  Watch how many positions where Romeo does not touch the ball or his only touch is on a weave where he quickly hands it off.  

24 points is unacceptable. The thing that annoys me the most is I see no changes. No different sets on O. Why? There is no way the coaching staff is this bullheaded. We HAVE to try something different or this season is going down the toilet. 28 points on D is more than good enough.

Just now, Old Friend said:

I'm sorry....Archie's offense is garbage.  And his offensive philosophy is worse.  I am sick and damned tired of watching Indiana walk the ball up the floor, weave or dribble for 30 seconds, and throw up some bull$hit shot as the clock ticks to zero.   We should have been up by 20.

And if Langford thinks he is remotely close to NBA ready, he's crazier than the guy who compared him to Abraham Lincoln.  McRoberts is an offensive liability.  Absolutely awful offensive display from a team that looks like it has no clue.

90% of one and dones aren't ready. They still declare and teams still pick them

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

And the only player who really showed up today graduates after this year

Juwan showed up today? We have different definitions of that

1 minute ago, A.j. Nigh said:

Trash, we are pure trash offensively.  Watch how many positions where Romeo does not touch the ball or his only touch is on a weave where he quickly hands it off.  

We get Romeo “involved” by giving him the ball during the weave from 25 feet out and hope he can take it to the hole by getting by 2-4 defenders which is getting even more difficult, by the game, as teams realize they can lay off the perimeter.

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

8 rebounds in a half gets him a showed up

He’s missed bunnies, got his dunk blocked. He’s having one of his “funk” games, which seems to happen way too often for our supposed senior leader.

1 minute ago, coonhounds said:

I have to agree that first half was trash and i am officially sounding the alarm on losing this season. This team hasn't looked good most of the season but they really look bad now. Need answers to what happened

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

The offense is completely broken. We don’t have the horses to run the pace Archie wants to unfortunately. And I think his offense requires that pace to be successful. 

1 minute ago, VO5 said:

He’s missed bunnies, got his dunk blocked. He’s having one of his “funk” games, which seems to happen way too often for our supposed senior leader.

Didn’t say he was a good game but if he had stayed in the lockerroom we’d have noticed. 

The offense is completely broken. We don’t have the horses to run the pace Archie wants to unfortunately. And I think his offense requires that pace to be successful. 
But why have we regressed. We were able to get stops on d and push the ball for points early this season but now we suck both ends imo

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

11 minutes ago, maharkn said:

I'm glad the tom crean subbing decided to show up today. Have a lead let's put in 5 people who can't score

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Also, hate to say it but I have as much confidence in our plays after timeouts as I did when Crean was coach. Never thought I would think that.