Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Northwestern - Game Thread - 01.22.19 - 9:00 ET

Been a rough few days, guys..
Second emergency colonoscopy in 2 weeks; my bowels have been on fire.
Regardless, i have one thing to say, and one thing only..
We are absolutely terrible.. I'm talkin' buns..
No heart, no persistence, no grit.. what the hell are we doing out there? 
You'd think with a guy like Collin Sexton we'd be able to put forth a little more then we have been..
Let's hope and pray to the mighty Kent Benson that we get this win over MU on Friday, and that my bowels rest in peace for the time being..

- Barrell Rick, 2019

Does anyone see any way we can beat Michigan? I get the feeling 7'1 teske will just kill us in the paint.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Barrell Rick said:

You'd think with a guy like Collin Sexton we'd be able to put forth a little more then we have been..

Let's hope and pray to the mighty Kent Benson that we get this win over MU on Friday, and that my bowels rest in peace for the time being..

- Barrell Rick, 2019

Hey Barrell!

Image result for bowels

9 minutes ago, Barrell Rick said:

- Barrell Rick, 2019

bowels rick, imo

2 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

At this point in the season, I’d be happy to see the tea, play with the heart and energy they showed in the last 10 or so minutes of the game. If they simply do that we’ll be in a lot more games.

It’s interesting to see that some wanted more Anderson but he had two costly turnovers in the short time he was in. Others wanted Jake and Moore, they also had some turnovers and in bad position on defense that led to points. If we had a few reserves that could defend and hit an open shot were a much different team with a better record.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

If we had reserves that could defend and hit a shot they wouldnt be reserves.

On 1/23/2019 at 1:18 PM, Alford Bailey said:

If we had reserves that could defend and hit a shot they wouldnt be reserves.

On 1/23/2019 at 7:24 AM, HoosierFan1994 said:

I've been super busy the last month and haven't really posted since Christmas. It really sucks what is happening. I guess we saw the warning signs when this team squeaked by Northwestern and Penn State in December. I still like Archie but it is frustrating. The 2016/2017 recruiting class has brought nothing to this team (to anyone who argues.. this team hasn't made a single NCAA Tournament with that group and and doesn't look like we will this year). Devonte, Justin, and De'ron just aren't capable of playing meaningful minutes in the Big Ten. Al might be the outlier. This is equivalent to an NFL team missing two straight years in the NFL Draft (cough cough Colts a few years ago). I feel bad for Juwan. He is playing his heart out. Romeo is very good. I do think he needs to stay but I can't blame him for whatever he chooses. Rob is going to be a very good Point Guard but I don't think he or the team expected him to play this many minutes. 

The bottom line is it is frustrating to see teams like Texas Tech and Louisville get new coaches and have immediate success. I don't want to blame Archie, but I wish we could have had a better grad transfer. Fitzner's stats declined each year at St. Mary's who doesn't play the level of competition that IU does. I am still excited for the future (fingers crossed). A Keion Brooks commitment this week would be what the doctor ordered. Some players have some serious thinking to do for next year. 

I feel De'ron could have been a nice contributor ice he hadn't gotten hurt.  But the shape he is in now makes him UN playable.

On 1/23/2019 at 12:55 PM, Barrell Rick said:

- Barrell Rick, 2019

Been there with coloniscopys.  Real pain in the as a.