Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs UT Arlington - Tues., 11/20 @ 7:00 ET

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

No.

+1.  Fail to see any logic in 'running a team until midnight' that had a five man rotation at the end of the game.  But I'm sure fans that suggested running the healthy players we have until they drop would be real forgiving if they came back and lost their next game on tired legs.

Once again, missed this game live, but saw bits and pieces of it live while at the Shrine. Hope Romeo is going to be ok. Not worried. Yet. Too many injuries. They won. Games like this will help this team come together in March. 

4 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

My biggest concern is Forrester and Moore. How bad do they look in practice for them to not even log a single minute? I get they're raw but my goodness IU has six players out... 

You answered your own question.

We need bodies, they are physically bigger than inferior competition but still are not getting minutes. Pretty clear they are showing they are not  ready for game-time in practice.

You answered your own question.
We need bodies, they are physically bigger than inferior competition but still are not getting minutes. Pretty clear they are showing they are not  ready for game-time in practice.
People were saying Forrester would get minutes. His ranking is probably right imo and I was not high on him. Maybe in a few years he can play. The bottom line is you don't normally use a 13 man rotation so at least a few guys will never play. Moore may never play. Remember he was a crean recruit.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I can’t believe this Romeo thing is still being discussed. The team doesn’t hate him lol. Like one mentioned, IU was on a fast break when he got injured. You can’t just stop in the middle of that. Play was halted after IU scored a basket. Nothing to look into nor worry about. Plain and simple. The team doesn’t hate him lol

53 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I can’t believe this Romeo thing is still being discussed. The team doesn’t hate him lol. Like one mentioned, IU was on a fast break when he got injured. You can’t just stop in the middle of that. Play was halted after IU scored a basket. Nothing to look into nor worry about. Plain and simple. The team doesn’t hate him lol

I'm in full agreement, and he's the farthest thing from unlikable. His demeanor on the court has been the same at every level; high school, AAU and college. He just plays hard, keeps his emotions in check, and he's just as interested in assists/rebounds as he is scoring. Whoever is suggesting he doesn't get along with his teammates needs to find something better to do...shameful. Because a kid is not covered in tattoos, doesn't run his mouth and doesn't flex in the face of another player after a bucket, he's not well received by his teammates. Whoever is starting these rumors is drinking dumpster kool-aid. Romeo's is too nice; he scores too much;...I don't like him. Unbelievable.

17 minutes ago, IU-DL said:

I'm in full agreement, and he's the farthest thing from unlikable. His demeanor on the court has been the same at every level; high school, AAU and college. He just plays hard, keeps his emotions in check, and he's just as interested in assists/rebounds as he is scoring. Whoever is suggesting he doesn't get along with his teammates needs to find something better to do...shameful. Because a kid is not covered in tattoos, doesn't run his mouth and doesn't flex in the face of another player after a bucket, he's not well received by his teammates. Whoever is starting these rumors is drinking dumpster kool-aid. Romeo's is too nice; he scores too much;...I don't like him. Unbelievable.

He’s a well demeanored kid. It shows all the time

Dumpster kool-aid.....lol

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Nobody is saying that. But to ignore that Jealousy from some players COULD be a thing isn’t being very analytical.

I don’t know anymore than anyone else but I do sense a jealousy type thing going on here. Rob and Romeo seem to gel the best of all the teammates with Romeo.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Keep hearing it referred to us being out 7 scholarship players. That’s not true lol McRoberts is a Walk on. 

McRoberts, Hunter, Green, Davis, Race, Durham abd Langford are the injuries. 

Phinisee, Anderson, Smith, Fitzner, Morgan, Moore and Forrester are our available guys in theory.