Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

scoot

Summer of 2018

https://twitter.com/ClifMarshall/status/1024321970140311554 

1 year transformation of our 2017 Freshman Class. So proud of @CliftonMoore22, @justinsmith3_, @aldurham01, @RaceThompson1! Average Improvements:  

Standing Vertical + 6.5 inches higher.

Deadlift + 195 lbs more weight.

185 lb Bench Press + 10 reps.

Pullups + 16 reps.

7 minutes ago, InArchWeTrust said:

https://twitter.com/ClifMarshall/status/1024321970140311554 

1 year transformation of our 2017 Freshman Class. So proud of @CliftonMoore22, @justinsmith3_, @aldurham01, @RaceThompson1! Average Improvements:  

Standing Vertical + 6.5 inches higher.

Deadlift + 195 lbs more weight.

185 lb Bench Press + 10 reps.

Pullups + 16 reps.

I know they take these before and after photos to make them look even better but man, Race looks like he put on some serious muscle during that redshirt season.

Just now, Hollywood Mike Miranda said:

I know they take these before and after photos to make them look even better but man, Race looks like he put on some serious muscle during that redshirt season.

I thought the same thing about Race.  Hopefully, that all translates to a dominant Race on the court!

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

You can really focus on working out when you dont have to making sure your recovered in time for games. 

I love getting a 4 star to redshirt btw. 

Agreed. Really wish that was the norm for a lot more of these kids. Isn't that a big thing in Nova program? Seems to be working for them lately.

15 minutes ago, Hollywood Mike Miranda said:

Agreed. Really wish that was the norm for a lot more of these kids. Isn't that a big thing in Nova program? Seems to be working for them lately.

Everything they're doing is working for them. I love that Jay can take what he's got and win 2 titles and Calimari gets the highest ranked kids and has only won one.

49 minutes ago, Hollywood Mike Miranda said:

Just not enough scholarships for this to happen. Race could have helped us last year.

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Short term versus long term thinking. I’d rather have a 5th year race in 21 than a freshmen with nagging injuries in 17

13 schollies prove otherwise. Im sure the stats would back it up also.

32 minutes ago, schoosier said:

13 schollies prove otherwise. Im sure the stats would back it up also.

I’m gonna need you to expand on this?  Every year teams have guys that don’t play. There’s no harm in them being a redshirt. 

Frankly if I were Archie I’d offer it to every kid who wasn’t already set on the NBA. 5 years let’s you get a free masters plus an extra year of professional S & C

18 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I’m gonna need you to expand on this?  Every year teams have guys that don’t play. There’s no harm in them being a redshirt. 

Frankly if I were Archie I’d offer it to every kid who wasn’t already set on the NBA. 5 years let’s you get a free masters plus an extra year of professional S & C

Exactly. I'm not saying it makes sense for every guy that comes in, but certainly more than we typically see, right? If you have a lot of potential to be good down the road, but you're not there yet as an incoming freshman then why not?

46 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Im not sure the redshirt is an effective tool like it used to be. Kids want to piay right away and they can transfer rather easily. Not many want to stay at the same school 5 years.

I wouldn’t tell them it was mandatory but offer it as an option. 

6 hours ago, HoosierDYT said:

Do weekday games usually start at 7 or 9?

I am sure it could vary greatly from year to year but.... most of our weekday games last year started at 7.... We only had 2 9pm games last year, 2 8pm start times, & 1 8:30pm

And Duke last year was a 9:30 start time which was he latest of the season.