Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

QB Brandon Dawkins to IU

I was perusing some Zona boards and the fans seemed to like Dawkins and wished him well. Several comments mentioning poor coaching and of course as has been mentioned the injury and younger QB going off. His running ability cannot be overlooked, that's a big upgrade to our arsenal on offense. I wasn't impressed with DeBord last year, but now he's got his dual threat QB so let's see how he handles this.

I'm a huge UT football fan as well. Have been since 1998. I really, really liked UTs offense when DeBord was there. I simply believe with Thomas, Westbrook, Hale, and half the OL injured, youth at RB, one QB no mobility and another QB that was a RS FR... his hands were tied. He simply tried to give us an opportunity to win in the 4th q or second half by being ultra conservative. Truthfully.. of his years at UT, one of the last words I would use to describe him would be conservative.. and I think we'll see that this year. Heck they even ran a fair amount of gadget plays cough cough Reese Taylor. 

Conversation with my dad this evening showing him Dawkins highlights (he's 64) and had IU football season tix for 35 years. This guy has Purdue wins on his dvr from like 4 years ago, huge IU fan. Big time impressed with Dawkins (obviously) 

Dad- This guys addition should really bump up our recruiting class

Me- No, grad transfers don't count 

Dad- why? All of Kentucky's one year players do? 

Touche dad

Given our recent history of injuries to QB's, having a stable of qualified guys is a plus. Adding one that comes in as a grad transfer, (polished, poised, and experienced) providing the chemistry within the QB's is good, is terrific. Hopefully they all make each other better.

There isn't a position group at IU that can't take a little more depth and help, particularly as the season wears on.  "LEO"

Edited by VPC

ESPN on transfers and grad transfers who will have an impact in 2018:  http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/23496373/shea-patterson-rest-college-football-high-impact-transferes

Brandon Dawkins, QB, Indiana: Before Khalil Tate blew up at Arizona, Dawkins led the Wildcats offense and put up solid numbers (2,418 pass yards and 1,582 rush yards with 35 total touchdowns) in Tucson. He now joins Indiana as the team's most experienced quarterback option, although he'll have to beat out sophomore Peyton Ramsey and freshman Michael Penix Jr.