Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

QB Brandon Dawkins to IU

Watched some highlight film of him just now.. he's very Joshua Dobbs (ish), who was the QB that DeBord had at UT. Dawkins is a big time athlete. There basically was no way we could pass on him. Idk what this will mean for Ramsey, but we just found our QB in Dawkins. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Does he become the favorite to win the starting job?

I don't think there is any question, especially after I watched his highlights. Multiple times he pulled away from a power 5 conference defense when he got to their secondary. Kellen Lewis like. 

As of now I would say Ramsey has the edge. I don't know how long it will take for Dawkins to learn the playbook and he lost the starting job at Arizona for a reason; he was prone to turning the ball over. Great for competition though and great backup to have instead of throwing Penix or Tronti out there.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Great pickup! Whether he is first or second string—our QB depth just got better. With all the injuries we have had recently—depth is good. At a minimum we could see him in Wildcat situations if Ramsey wins the job. Competition is good! I do hope we end up with one starter and no more 50/50 quarterback split situations. May the best quarterback win. Welcome to Hoosier Nation Brandon!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Does he become the favorite to win the starting job?

I don't think a grad transfer would come if he weren't.   

Ramsey is simply not the guy, and others are too young or too inexperienced.   IU can win 7-8 games next season, but needs a QB to do it.  I think a lot of the DeBord haters will eat crow if he stays healthy.

7 hours ago, Old Friend said:

I don't think a grad transfer would come if he weren't.   

Ramsey is simply not the guy, and others are too young or too inexperienced.   IU can win 7-8 games next season, but needs a QB to do it.  I think a lot of the DeBord haters will eat crow if he stays healthy.

I agree this kid is going to start.. but why is Ramsey simply "not the guy"?

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

I would caution people on getting too excited he and Lagow have similar QB ratings and while I hate that stat players with similar ones are usually fairly close. 

Lagow hadn't played any D1 ball... and Lagow couldn't run. These two aren't even close to comparable. 

Just now, btownqb said:

Lagow hadn't played any D1 ball... and Lagow couldn't run. These two aren't even close to comparable. 

His stats at Arizona are comparable to Lagows at Indiana they literally are comparable in ability to impact a game. 

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

His stats at Arizona are comparable to Lagows at Indiana they literally are comparable in ability to impact a game. 

he ran for 1600 yards and 20 TDs.... they have no similarities on a football field besides the fact they play the same position. 

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

I would caution people on getting too excited he and Lagow have similar QB ratings and while I hate that stat players with similar ones are usually fairly close. 

Yeah because Lagow made plays outside of the pocket and knew how to feel pressure. The kid ran for over 1500 yards and had 20TDs rushing. He made plays. Might not be most accurate guy but he can open the game up in different ways.  Nobody ever said that this guy was the bomb or quick fix to 10 wins. It’s another QB on scholly that we have who had success at a power 5 school. We only have 3 QBs on scholly which is extremely low if you didn’t know. 

1 minute ago, lucel15 said:

Yeah because Lagow made plays outside of the pocket and knew how to feel pressure. The kid ran for over 1500 yards and had 20TDs rushing. He made plays. Might not be most accurate guy but he can open the game up in different ways.  Nobody ever said that this guy was the bomb or quick fix to 10 wins. It’s another QB on scholly that we have who had success at a power 5 school. We only have 3 QBs on scholly which is extremely low if you didn’t know. 

Snarky comments because of a  lack of sunshine pumping. Gotta love it. IU football fans might learn one day. 

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Snarky comments because of a  lack of sunshine pumping. Gotta love it. IU football fans might learn one day. 

what is your point with all this? I agree his passing numbers aren't eye popping, but we can't have a pure pocket passer, we have to have a guy that can make a play with his legs and this guy can do that in bunches.You are unbelievably negative in almost all of your posts, I simply do not understand. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

what is your point with all this? I agree his passing numbers aren't eye popping, but we can't have a pure pocket passer, we have to have a guy that can make a play with his legs and this guy can do that in bunches.You are unbelievably negative in almost all of your posts, I simply do not understand. 

The lack of optimism is not negativity. 

I was called negative when I said we would miss a bowl in TAs first year. Turns out I was just being realistic. In the land of blind optimism.