Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Whoozhers

IU Free (COSTLY) Throws

Recommend we start shooting granny style free throws like Ollie in the movie HOOSIERS .

What could it hurt?

What we’re doing now is Insane..... same thing over and over expecting different results. NO improvement.

GO HOOSIERS!

Do some damage in the B1G Tournament!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

25 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Yes very alarming to never improve all season from the line. Would love tp see our record if we were much improved

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

If you look at yesterday, just yesterday, we had 10 misses, 7 of them Juwan. 

I know he has a game in game out load to carry, but I don't think that little twitch of his shoulders just before his shot is doing him any favors.

If you look at yesterday, just yesterday, we had 10 misses, 7 of them Juwan. 
I know he has a game in game out load to carry, but I don't think that little twitch of his shoulders just before his shot is doing him any favors.

I told my wife when he was shooting you could see he was trying to will the ball in and his eyes told a story of zero confidence. Wont be good that way. I was going to say Freddy had improved but that airball of all airballs leads me to believe any success he has at the line is pure luck lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Here's a quick recap of FT for the season... overall, the Hoosiers made 401 of 618 free throws (64.9%). Season high percentage was 90% (9/10 v Wisconsin), and 81.8% (18/22 v Penn State). Season low percentage was 41.4% (12/29 v Howard) and 44.4 (8/18 v Rutgers).

Most attempts in a game this season was 33 v Indiana State and 29 three times.

Least number of attempts this season was 9 v Iowa and Nebraska.

The Hoosiers beat their season average (64.9%) 16 times.

Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 4.03.45 PM.png

Free throw shooting woes are 100% on the player.  Cook Hall is available at all hours and if you stink from the line, you should want to do something about it and get to the practice court and practice, practice, practice.  If Art Garfunkle can be a dead-eye from 15 feet, so can a division I basketball player - if he wants to be.

22 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

^^^ I think those numbers are off... we shot better 17 times and worse 15 times for a total of 32 games. Unless you included exhibition games?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Also, here are the individual player stats for FTA/FTM... the numbers are off just a bit from the game stats above (401/618 v 398/615), so take it for what it's worth.

5a937b23a0a49_ScreenShot2018-02-25at8_10_37PM.thumb.png.394854fad4ca7087d8524a30c1a6fbb2.png

Who were the exhibition games? These were the schedule/scores from ESPN.com... and I pulled the FT stats from the box scores of each game... just reporting what they had.
Also, here are the individual player stats for FTA/FTM... the numbers are off just a bit from the game stats above (401/618 v 398/615), so take it for what it's worth.
5a937b23a0a49_ScreenShot2018-02-25at8_10_37PM.thumb.png.394854fad4ca7087d8524a30c1a6fbb2.png

We've played 30 games so I have no idea how we could be above average 17 times and below average 15 times. That's only possible if you add 2 exhibition games unless I'm missing something completely.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

We've played 30 games so I have no idea how we could be above average 17 times and below average 15 times. That's only possible if you add 2 exhibition games unless I'm missing something completely.

So, I’m not the most astute thinker but based on your data, if I were the opposing coach and it came down to fouling ..... I’d say foul ANYBODY/EVERYBODY!
We don’t pose much of a mystery.... do we?
*posted the wrong data post previously

So, I’m not the most astute thinker but based on your data, if I were the opposing coach and it came down to fouling ..... I’d say foul ANYBODY/EVERYBODY!
We don’t pose much of a mystery.... do we?
*posted the wrong data post previously

I definitely didn't do the legwork for this data. That would be an effective strategy. I believe someone accurately named it hack-a-Hoosier.