Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

KDB

(2019) PG DJ Carton to Ohio State

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

They also have a top notch communications program. Couldn’t hurt I’m sure

Lotta perks to the Buckeye school. I wouldnt really single anything out..

I think anyone in their right mind would still take Newman, TJD, Watford/Brooks so lets see how things play out over the next few months. I agree this hurts but this is the same exact reaction we had to Garland and look what happened with Romeo after that. 

Yeah. I wasn’t counting on Carton. Lots of combinations out there that will make me happy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

11 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

IU is gonna be a pain with Archie he’s a good coach. Michigan is gonna be a pain with Beilien he’s a good coach. MSU is a pain with Izzo he’s a good coach. Etc. Etc etc welcome to the B1G and college basketball. OSU was a pain before Holtman too.

I’m stating in this particular instance. Ohio State is going to be tough with Holtmann. No need to jump on my case

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Michigan lost him too, and they're coming off playing. In the national championship game. Not every player wants to play at IU, and that's not a slight to Archie. Just reality. We'll be fine. 

Another point - Any time we lose a big time recruit perspective goes out the window. How about the fact that Archie is in on all these 5* recruits? Losing big time recruits is going to happen more often because we are in on many more than we are accustomed to.  With Crean, we weren't anywhere near where Archie has already positioned us in recruiting and he's only had one season under his belt. 

Being in on a top recruit is irrelevant, in recruiting there are no prizes for second place. That said though, it doesn’t matter who we don’t get, it matters who we do get. There is a long time between now and when this 2019 class will be wrapped up. We could still end up with 3 5* players, who knows

Michigan lost him too, and they're coming off playing. In the national championship game. Not every player wants to play at IU, and that's not a slight to Archie. Just reality. We'll be fine. 
Well said! I'm laughing at some of these comments

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk