Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
mamasa

IU vs #14 Maryland 1/16 @ 7 pm

Alright, time for the upset! 

Listen Live WHCC

Live Stats

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. – The Indiana Women's Basketball team begins a two-game road swing when it faces its third-straight ranked opponent at No. 14 Maryland on Tuesday night. Tipoff at Xfinity Center is set for 7 p.m. on BTN Plus and WHCC 105.1 FM. 

ABOUT THE TERRAPINS
Maryland is coming off its first conference loss of the season to Michigan State on Thursday, 82-68. They are led by sophomore guard Kalia Charles with 17.2 points and 8.4 points per game. Six active players are scoring in double figures with redshirt Ieshia Small coming off the bench for 11.8 points per game while sophomore forward Stephanie Jones (11.6 points, 6.9 rebounds) and junior forward Brianna Fraser (11.6 points, 6.8 rebounds). As a team, the Terps are averaging the league's second-best mark in 85.9 points per game while shooting 46.2 percent from the field. 

THAT SCHEDULE IS TOUGH
The Hoosiers will meet their sixth ranked team this season when it travels to No. 14 Maryland. They are in the midst of a three-game swing that features ranked opponents in No. 23 Michigan, No. 10 Ohio State and the Terps on Tuesday. IU has faced three of those four opponents on the road. Currently, Indiana has played the fourth toughest schedule in the NCAA this season which is leading the Big Ten and just behind UConn, Notre Dame and Oklahoma. 

Sorry Mamasa, missed the fact you'd already started the thread.

At the half tied at 33.  Penn our leading scorer with 13; Buss with 9.   Yeaney with 7 reb.; Cahill with 5 so our freshmen are doing their job tonight.  Shooting 50% from the field and 50% on 3's.  Outrebounding Maryland 18-15.  Turnovers again a problem as we have 12 to only 6 for Maryland.

I'm not sure whether to praise the team for somehow being in the game against a team that's 10 times better or dump on them for again messing everything up in the last minute as they have in every close game. This time 2 easy missed layups that would of put them back ahead and a terrible turnover screwed up what was the best 39 minutes of the season.

They will  be really good next year when the Freshmen mature and get a bench. Moren is not going anywhere. trust me.. 

Those 3 Freshmen played well , yes I know turnovers  but , as they mature those will diminish.

3 minutes ago, Sammy12 said:

They will  be really good next year when the Freshmen mature and get a bench. Moren is not going anywhere. trust me.. 

Those 3 Freshmen played well , yes I know turnovers  but , as they mature those will diminish.

Yeah...assuming none of them transfer. Pretty big assumption given our coach's track record.

You do know we're losing the 2 best, most consistent players on the team, right? We're gaining one really good freshman, a decent post, and a player who is always hurt. Do the math. You also have to figure in at least one or 2 transfers..i think warthen will leave..maybe Johnson maybe wickware

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

I will bring reason to this discussion.

Moren is a great recruiter. Unfortunately she has no idea how to mold the talent and players don't always like playing for her hence the high number of transfers. I am not very optimistic on this program but lets see what happens the rest of the year. For everyone to jump down Glass' throat (which he certainly deserves at times) is unnecessary in this case given this would be the first year Moren remotely would deserve to be fired. If we finish lets say 3-13 in the Big Ten maybe Glass sees the writing on the wall and makes a move. You can certainly argue the hire and I don't think it was a good one but until this year Moren has done nothing that would put her job status in jeopardy in terms of on court performance.

I know I am going to get attacked from both sides but these are my feelings in terms of where the program is at. 

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan31 said:

Stephanie white has landed major talent at vandy as well and can not convert talent to wins..im sensing a pattern here 

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Does Vandy have some Phil Knight/T Boone Pickens sugar daddy funneling in $$ now?