Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Arizona vs IU series coming to a town near.....

He's a ******. But the word dawg?.. idk how that signifies tough lol.. a bruiser, etc. Anything...but dawg? Idk I'm 26, never heard that used before. If dawg means tough, then you should want Phinesee and Henry.

You must operate with a level of toughness in everything you do, you can't make any excuses, and you have to earn the right to be good-Archie Miller

Mentality of a dog. An alpha dog if you will. It's used everywhere in sports. I used Dawg because that's how those that use it, say it.

Clearly we are going to get along great. Whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Mentality of a dog. An alpha dog if you will. It's used everywhere in sports. I used Dawg because that's how those that use it, say it.

Clearly we are going to get along great. Whatever.

It's not used everywhere in sports. Mentality of a dawg, ok.. I can work with that. I'd like some of those guys on my team. And I agree.. we have been soft. Idk how you could draw the conclusion that those kids we've recruited and have had committed are soft though?

You must operate with a level of toughness in everything you do, you can't make any excuses, and you have to earn the right to be good-Archie Miller

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

He's a ******. But the word dawg?.. idk how that signifies tough lol.. a bruiser, etc. Anything...but dawg? Idk I'm 26, never heard that used before. If dawg means tough, then you should want Phinesee and Henry.

You've really never heard anyone say "that player has some dog in him" before? It just means that a player brings physicality and toughness to the game and he's never going to back down to anyone. Draymond has it. Lance Stephenson is crazy but he has it too. A lot of the time it's the kind of player that fans absolutely hate unless they're on their team. 

You've really never heard anyone say "that player has some dog in him" before? It just means that a player brings physicality and toughness to the game and he's never going to back down to anyone. Draymond has it. Lance Stephenson is crazy but he has it too. A lot of the time it's the kind of player that fans absolutely hate unless they're on their team. 

Never heard someone called a dawg in my life. But I now understand the term. If we want dog in someone.. then Henry is the dude.

It's not used everywhere in sports. Mentality of a dawg, ok.. I can work with that. I'd like some of those guys on my team. And I agree.. we have been soft. Idk how you could draw the conclusion that those kids we've recruited and have had committed are soft though?

I don't know about the 18s (as admitted) but the 2017s with the possible exception of Smith are the prototypical Crean recruit in regard to disposition.

9 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I've worked at the same place for two very different types of managers. The first one had a clear vision of what he wanted our workplace to be, was very organized and structured, and was a man of the people. We kept a lot of employees because it was a fun place to be. The other one was very sloppy, didn't communicate well with anyone, wasn't clear with what he expected of his employees, was always running behind and just had a knack for being awkward and messing things up. Staff turnover was crazy because he made his employees feel unimportant and unwanted.

Some people just have what it takes to be in charge. Just like some people have what it takes to run a basketball program while others should just be watching.

Truth.   Absolute....truth.

I don't know about the 18s (as admitted) but the 2017s with the possible exception of Smith are the prototypical Crean recruit in regard to disposition.

Don't worry about body size when making that assumption. Just saying.. there's no way you or anyone on here has seen enough of Moore and Al to know. Sheehey was awfully skinny as a FR, I'd say there was some dog in him, same with Hartman.

Never heard someone called a dawg in my life. But I now understand the term. If we want dog in someone.. then Henry is the dude.

Well yes, I want more of that style than what Crean offered. Finesse can only take you so far. We must be tougher. We need to be scrappier. And more athletic.

Well yes, I want more of that style than what Crean offered. Finesse can only take you so far. We must be tougher. We need to be scrappier. And more athletic.

Oh I agree. Why won't we get along then?

15 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I don't know all that much about Henry but I get that vibe from him too. Now that we're moving away from playing directional schools and toward scheduling the big boys we'll have to get a lot tougher as a team, like Fleek said. The teams I always hated playing against in high school were the scrappy, physical ones. We won't always have more talent than Arizona, UL, UK, etc., but if we can bring physicality then we'll consistently have a good shot. Archie seems like that kind of guy to me, and I think having Marshall as the strength coach will help change the culture. 

Lol I gotta start paying attention to what thread I'm in. Sorry all.

Awesome we scheduled games with AZ. Apparently the Miller boys are ultra competitive.

I don't know all that much about Henry but I get that vibe from him too. Now that we're moving away from playing directional schools and toward scheduling the big boys we'll have to get a lot tougher as a team, like Fleek said. The teams I always hated playing against in high school were the scrappy, physical ones. We won't always have more talent than Arizona, UL, UK, etc., but if we can bring physicality then we'll consistently have a good shot. Archie seems like that kind of guy to me, and I think having Marshall as the strength coach will help change the culture. 

Pretty much sums it up. Sheehey was tough. He's a dog. Can't back him down or intimidate him. The Hartman example not as much to me. He's a great kid, hustler, and fantastic leader but not a dog imo.

Little guys can be dogs. Frank Mason. Kemba Walker. Russ Smith.

I almost hate to use him as an example because he verges on dirty and just plain punk, but Montrezl Harrell was the most intimidating player in CBB. He won them games with his intimidation and physicality.

I have always heard the term dawg as in a junkyard dog in basketball..happily, a lot of the Dayton players under Archie mostly had that mentality

Sent from my LG-H900 using BtownBanners mobile app

Yep. That's why I was shocked by the response.

I do think Archie will make us tougher and recruit tougher kids. And I am very happy about that.

And to lol at myself and get back on point.

I'm excited about this potential series. It will be very easily promoted and covered due to the size of the programs and the sibling connection.

Also, when/if we get on par with Arizona as a program its a triple bonus. This series indicates to me that Archie expects to be able to compete by then.

8 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Pretty much sums it up. Sheehey was tough. He's a dog. Can't back him down or intimidate him. The Hartman example not as much to me. He's a great kid, hustler, and fantastic leader but not a dog imo.

Little guys can be dogs. Frank Mason. Kemba Walker. Russ Smith.

I almost hate to use him as an example because he verges on dirty and just plain punk, but Montrezl Harrell was the most intimidating player in CBB. He won them games with his intimidation and physicality.

Devonte Green seems like he might have it. We didn't see him play enough last year but I think he'll show some dog this upcoming season. 

Devonte Green seems like he might have it. We didn't see him play enough last year but I think he'll show some dog this upcoming season. 

I get that sense too. I have bigger expectations for DG than many. Excited to see him this year.