Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

15 minutes ago, Tom White said:

Seriously? You think past players should have no input?
I'd argue they are more qualified than most other groups of people, including boosters, donors, and message board posters!

Disagree. Former players should be honored and involved (invited to speak, attend practice, camps, functions and game, and be around), should not be involved in hiring decisions. Too many agendas, etc.

Disagree. Former players should be honored and involved (invited to speak, attend practice, camps, functions and game, and be around), should not be involved in hiring decisions. Too many agendas, etc.

Agendas? IU is more important to them than probably a lot of us having been a part of our tradition. Any of their input should be heard. Its Glass's job on who he actually listens to.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Agendas? IU is more important to them than probably a lot of us having been a part of our tradition. Any of their input should be heard. Its Glass's job on who he actually listens to.

You don't think former players have agendas? Dakich has been openly lobbying for Alford on SportsCenter and everywhere else. Maybe have one former player on a committee or something, but Glass shouldn't be letting them really influence his decision making process here. 

Its the same reason a GM shouldn't let their players have input in coaching/trades/draft picks. 

Terry Hutchens Retweeted Robert Nemanich

There has yet to be a contract offered to anyone.

This was in response to Nemanich asking:  What is or are the inaccuracies, the target? the terms?

I am saying this. The people thinking were crazy for thinking Billy D is coming here is stupid and probably starting to change their mind. At first maybe now the NBA media, Goodman, Jay Williams, IU connections as former players bringing him up, Dakich, Kravitz, Hutch, Sterling, even ITH posted a article which they dont ever do less it is possible, the Indiana HS coaches and the people with sources. We may not end up with him but the big time guys dont even ask him unless they think it is possible. Just cause fans say it doesnt get this much attention from people like that. Some of our guys and Indiana media dont say things and look stupid when this search is under the national microscope. Sorry but it is so annoying seeing people act like it cant happen.

28 minutes ago, Tom White said:

Seriously? You think past players should have no input?
I'd argue they are more qualified than most other groups of people, including boosters, donors, and message board posters!

10 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yeah this is what I mean.  BGleas verbalized it a lot better than I could have. 

You don't think former players have agendas? Dakich has been openly lobbying for Alford on SportsCenter and everywhere else. Maybe have one former player on a committee or something, but Glass shouldn't be letting them really influence his decision making process here. 
Its the same reason a GM shouldn't let their players have input in coaching/trades/draft picks. 

I wouldnt consider it agendas it is just their personal opinion just like ours. I also said doesnt mean Glass should actually do any of what they but their opinions SHOULD matter. Not every single guy maybe like you said get a committee which with Buckner we kinda already have just one. I think we need a former player group, trustee group, booster group and then the guys being paid to make IU good. Not every side is gonna be a big part of every decision but it would be nice to have a trusted group for each situation. Like I said again though Glass just has to know who to listen to depending on what and when.

1 minute ago, Tom White said:

What happened to his comment from just a few days ago about "look further west". He was also indicating Alford in recent days.

No, he has said all along that Alford and his camp are very interested in the job. He never said anything about IU being mutually interested in Alford

What happened to his comment from just a few days ago about "look further west". He was also indicating Alford in recent days.

That was a week ago and to his credit today there is still a lot of those rumors. Sources dont always day the exact same thing.