Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

After reading reactions from around the college basketball landscape, the only people I see that don't think this is a very good to great hire are those IU fans who were so sure it was going to be Donavon or those that wanted Alford because he is an IU guy.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Just now, iufaninillinois said:

After reading reactions from around the college basketball landscape, the only people I see that don't think this is a very good to great hire are those IU fans who were so sure it was going to be Donavon or those that wanted Alford because he is an IU guy.

Yeah more or less. There are some that seemed to want Bennett or Marshall too. But a lot seem to be at the very least satisfied with him. I've liked Archie for a bit now

2 minutes ago, iufaninillinois said:

Then they need to just STFU and quit embarrassing the rest of the fan base- because it seems nationally, these "factions" are viewed as the majority right now.

He left because they were only playing him 18-20 a game? I wasn't around much when he transferred here so I didn't pick up the story about why he left Pitt.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yeah he was getting 18-20 minutes and was not a starting guard. I think he felt he needed a bigger role and he Didn't like their style either.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

7 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Don't know if I'm the guru; I just went last 6 years with Crean and included games within 5 pts too.

5 pts       3 pts      
2017 4 7   2017 2 3  
2016 3 5   2016 2 3  
2015 4 5   2015 3 3  
2014 4 6   2014 3 3  
2013 4 4   2013 1 2  
2012 5 2   2012 3 2  
  24 29 0.453   14 16 0.467

Also, our +/- in Kenpom's luck rating was negative for 5 of those 6 years with 2013 being exactly 0. This year IU was at -.09, 341st overall. That means based on our AdjO/AdjD rankings, we should have been 21-13 instead of 18-16.

Excellent thank you very much sir. Those extra wins puts us in the dance but keeps us Crean. A top performing coach stats should be much higher.

SAY IT AGAIN FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Why is Jessie Eisenburg always around? I see stuff about him being in the area a lot of the time but I'm in the dark about the connection there.

He or his wife runs a non-profit based in Bloomington from what I've seen. I think he basically lives there now.

Just now, schoosier said:

Excellent thank you very much sir. Those extra wins puts us in the dance but keeps us Crean. A top performing coach stats should be much higher.

For comparison sake, Archie's Dayton tenure. Separated 2014-17 from the 1st 2 years he used to rid the funk.

5 pts       3 pts      
2017 5 4   2017 2 3  
2016 11 3   2016 8 2  
2015 10 3   2015 3 3  
2014 8 4   2014 6 4  
2013 2 8   2013 0 7  
2012 4 5   2012 1 2  
  40 27 0.597   20 21 0.488
2014-17 34 14 0.708 2014-17 19 12 0.613

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Why is Jessie Eisenburg always around? I see stuff about him being in the area a lot of the time but I'm in the dark about the connection there.

Article on this:

http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/03/24/jesse-eisenberg-womens-basketball-indiana-university

Yeah he was getting 18-20 minutes and was not a starting guard. I think he felt he needed a bigger role and he Didn't like their style either.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Ahh okay gotcha. Well, a new coach is in town so if he wants to stay the starting pg it's there for the taking. I'm sure Archie will be able to help him improve as one.

Donovan was a pipe dream at best.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk