Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

1 minute ago, Chris Nieman said:

I should have elaborated. I'm sold on Marshall after Brad Stevens and Billy Donovan. The guy can flat out coach. 

30+ wins four out of the last five years, and at least one win in the NCAA Tournament four years in a row. Add all of that to his conference titles (regular season and conference), the guy is a great coach. I don't know how he'd recruit at IU, but he is a great coach. 

Just now, BGleas said:

30+ wins four out of the last five years, and at least one win in the NCAA Tournament four years in a row. Add all of that to his conference titles (regular season and conference), the guy is a great coach. I don't know how he'd recruit at IU, but he is a great coach. 

Thank you. Im not sure of the hostility with his name. I don't get it.

Just now, Chris Nieman said:

Thank you. Im not sure of the hostility with his name. I don't get it.

I don't get it either. I guess some think he's on the older side, or the Canada thing? If can't imagine anyone not supporting his coaching. 

Like you, I don't think he's on the Donovan/Stephens level, but he's as good as anyone else we're discussing after that. 

Just now, BGleas said:

I don't get it either. I guess some think he's on the older side, or the Canada thing? If can't imagine anyone not supporting his coaching. 

Like you, I don't think he's on the Donovan/Stephens level, but he's as good as anyone else we're discussing after that. 

His track record is amazing. As far as the canada thing, in my Navy career i've flipped sh*t for my guys safety so i kinda get it and i give him a free pass for that one.

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

I'm completely sold on his coaching.  He's not my top 1 or 2, that'd be Stevens and Donovan in order.  He wouldn't even be over Bennett for me.  For a 4th option or so, I'd be ecstatic.

Just now, JSHoosier said:

I'm completely sold on his coaching.  He's not my top 1 or 2, that'd be Stevens and Donovan in order.  He wouldn't even be over Bennett for me.  For a 4th option or so, I'd be ecstatic.

Thank you. I'd put he and Bennett as equal.

5 straight years with a tourney win. I may not like his persona but he can coach the hell out of a team. That was the best win I have seen so far in the tourney based on coaching.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

5 straight years with a tourney win. I may not like his persona but he can coach the hell out of a team. That was the best win I have seen so far in the tourney based on coaching.

Agreed. Im not the HUGEST fan of his persona but goddamn he can coach.

Archie coached a heck of a game too. Those two got played by the NCAA for having to play the first game against each other. WSU should have been at least a 5 or 6 seed. Nothing changes for me on Archie.

1. Stevens
2. Donovan
3. Bennett
4. Sean Miller
5. Archie/Marshall
6. Mike White
7. Alford/Enfield/Collins
8. Bryce Drew/Brad Underwood

Just now, JSHoosier said:

As I've said a few times, he is an absolutely undeniable upgrade over Crean and it's not a comparison.  The floor would be higher, I'm just not sure how high the ceiling would be.

Word. Word. You never know. I think that he is top 10 in college ball right now.

After having Crean, who was somewhat quirky, people "think" Marshall is his clone. I have even heard some argue his results are a clone of Creans because he lost early as a #1 seed.

He would be a great hire, after BS and BD and someday if he gets a chance at a bigger program may prove to be even better

Just now, 8bucks said:

After having Crean, who was somewhat quirky, people "think" Marshall is his clone. I have even heard some argue his results are a clone of Creans because he lost early as a #1 seed.

He would be a great hire, after BS and BD and someday if he gets a chance at a bigger program may prove to be even better

Yeah obviously i want Stevens or Donovan but Marshall is right up there.

Noooooooooo. Stay far away from the big10 if he's not gonna be at indiana

Yeah I would rather not see a reminder we missed on a big time coach once or twice maybe 3 times a year!! IU or bust for Marshall if we make it to him.