Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

1 minute ago, cthomas said:

If students on break is the issue why do we play cupcakes at home in December?

I'll answer that rhetorical question:

• Because the fan base was far, far less pissed off back then.
  • Because Glass realizes this, and is trying to save the players and Tom Crean from embarrassment and resentment.
  • Because the players want to keep playing.
  • Because maybe, Glass wants to let Crean fade away after nine years without the memory of his last AH game as a bad one.
  • Because Glass had NO good choices with this NIT appearance.

Yep. When people are saying his base offer was like $1.5 million being offered with incentives that is just stupid. What team is going to come at a man with a base at $3.2 and ask him to leave for a paycut that large? Crean and Glass have taken a beating on here and elsewhere based on very little fact. His coaching sucks, but the rumors going on that everyone wants to lynch those two on are probably 98% false.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Well because 20 years of coaching would tell anyone that he isn't worth $3.2m. He is grossly overpaid and a correction is due.

Wait... media consensus is that he is a master strategist and coaching genius. I can't believe everyone isn't handing him blank checks!

1 hour ago, IUrocker said:

Aren't there at least a handful of other schools that have openings who would love to have Crean? I'm hoping we don't have to think there are only one or two schools Crean would go for, in turn limiting the chances of him being gone...(considering Glass seems so adamant in him finding a landing place instead of just getting it over with and firing him). There's another part of me that thinks once our season is officially over, he will then announce he is gone and just hasn't done it yet since we still have another game to play. 

I think we counted upwards of 19 jobs open yesterday. Certainly, Crean could find one of them.

4 minutes ago, schoosier said:

I think we counted upwards of 19 jobs open yesterday. Certainly, Crean could find one of them.

There may be 19 jobs but only a few (if any) would be willing to pony up for his $3M price tag that (based on what we've heard out of Missou) he feels he deserves.  I would expect him to try and weather the storm at IU, making Glass fire him and pay the buy out, before taking a job at like George Washington.

26 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Even my wife wants there to be a change in coach. I told her that I'd be so excited to see Crean gone that it would result in taking her out for dinner and a movie! 

My wife wants a change quickly because she's tired of me ignoring her and the kids while I scour btown banners, 247, and Twitter for tidbits of info on Crean/future coaches!

5 minutes ago, theriverpilot said:

How many of those are willing to offer Crean 3 million a year as MDN stated above though?

The industry as a whole does not view him as a bad coach or recruiter and he will land on his feet.  Our extreme level of dissatisfaction with his peformance at IU colors our thinking in this regard.

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

The industry as a whole does not view him as a bad coach or recruiter and he will land on his feet.  Our extreme level of dissatisfaction with his peformance at IU colors our thinking in this regard.

Good point and I agree that he won't have any trouble landing another coaching gig if it comes to that.

58 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Yep. When people are saying his base offer was like $1.5 million being offered with incentives that is just stupid. What team is going to come at a man with a base at $3.2 and ask him to leave for a paycut that large? Crean and Glass have taken a beating on here and elsewhere based on very little fact. His coaching sucks, but the rumors going on that everyone wants to lynch those two on are probably 98% false.

Where are people hearing/seeing this $1.5 million? I find it extremely hard to believe those numbers were leaked.

17 minutes ago, Redandyz said:

My wife wants a change quickly because she's tired of me ignoring her and the kids while I scour btown banners, 247, and Twitter for tidbits of info on Crean/future coaches!

Haha, yes I've got that going on with me at my house as well! 

2 minutes ago, RickyIU said:

Where are people hearing/seeing this $1.5 million? I find it extremely hard to believe those numbers were leaked.

There is no chance that this actually happened. 

It's human nature to want all the answers, RIGHT NOW! This isn't a situation where there are any answers yet. Relax, enjoy tonight's game (whether rooting for a win or a loss), and don't expect any sort of movement with the head coach of Indiana until another school decides they want him. At that point, Indiana's move will be determined by the NCAA tournament. 

Patience...