Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Assuming a loss. Thursday or Friday release makes sense. (Good or bad)

Bury it in the excitement of the games.

I think Glass really, really wants to give him another year. I think he is starting to realize he might not be able to without a major fallout. Not sure what to expect.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I could see that. I think he was all ready to give Crean his vote of confidence after the season but now he realizes he can't. He doesn't want to fire Crean either so he's stuck in a tough situation and hoping someone else gets him out of it. That's likely why the "soft landing" is so important. 

Maybe Glass passing on the men's team hosting was to drum up support for Women's team hosting which is giving that way more attention that it ever would off. Maybe it's a creative ploy to push 5,000 or more to women's game. 

Totally kidding but think we all need a good laugh in these stressful times.

2 minutes ago, Aaron said:

I'm not sure. He's always leaked Colts and Pacers stuff before they become official so I'm assuming he's heard something from someone important about IU. I'm sure Dakich knows but I have not heard him say which way IU is leaning but just his personal opinion unless I've missed it. 

Like I said we can hope even if Glass is leaning towards keeping Crean donors can change his mind with their wallets over next couple days.

You can't tell me that Dakich doesn't know anything. But he also isn't going to share either because he continues to say he thinks Crean should be the coach at IU.

Assuming a loss. Thursday or Friday release makes sense. (Good or bad)

Bury it in the excitement of the games.

I think Glass really, really wants to give him another year. I think he is starting to realize he might not be able to without a major fallout. Not sure what to expect.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I guess maye i was wrong on the janitor but i dont think im wrong on glass. I think the major fallout has kept him from giving him another year so far. I dont he he expected the push back he is getting to end this.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, recker222000 said:

I guess maye i was wrong on the janitor but i dont think im wrong on glass. I think the major fallout has kept him from giving him another year so far. I dont he he expected the push back he is getting to end this.

As I keep saying (if Glass was indeed planning to keep Crean which no one still knows through all this) if the push back is from donors with their wallets that's huge and could make a difference. If it's just average Joe fans bombarding him with emails or media pressure that does very little.

Edited by Aaron

You can't tell me that Dakich doesn't know anything. But he also isn't going to share either because he continues to say he thinks Crean should be the coach at IU.

Dakich is smart. I don't for a second believe he thinks Crean should be the coach, but if he says Crean should be fired that won't help his ratings because people won't want to call in to call him an idiot. Personally I'm a huge fan of Dakich.

Does JMV have sources for IU stuff? I know he does for the Colts but IU I'm not sure. I also believe Dakich knows what is going not that he'll say anything on the topic because he likes supporting Crean on the radio because it keeps people calling arguing which keeps his ratings up. 

What did JMV say?

As I keep saying (if Glass was indeed planning to keep Crean which no one still knows through all this) if the push back is from donors with their wallets that's huge and could make a difference. If it's just average Joe fans bombarding him with emails or media pressure that does very little.

My fear is it has not gotten bad enough yet. We need another dumpster fire year to really get 100% apathy which is really sad.

2 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

Dakich is smart. I don't for a second believe he think Crean should be the coach, but if he says Crean should be fired that won't help his ratings because people won't want to call in to call him an idiot. Personally I'm a huge fan of Dakich.

What did JMV say?

I 100% agree on Dakich and JMV I guess said he thinks Crean will be back. I'm not sure on the JMV front because I didn't personally hear it.

If Glass decides to keep Crean he will sink with him if things go badly next year (very likely) just as Greenspan sank with Sampson (which is ironic since from what I've heard Greenspan did not want Sampson but had it pushed on him by Herbert). 

If Glass decides to keep Crean he will sink with him if things go badly next year (very likely) just as Greenspan sank with Sampson (which is ironic since from what I've heard Greenspan did not want Sampson but had it pushed on him by Herbert). 

Glass' job depends on how he handles this situation. If he screws it up he'll be gone within a few years. Right now, he's able to say Crean wasn't his hire. Before you start with the extension crap the way he did it saved money, believe it or not. The pressure is on him to remove that coach and get a successful one. If Fred doesn't make a change soon he'll be gone. If he makes a bad hire when the move takes place, he's gone. Fred might be a lot of things in your mind but ignorant he is not.

Glass' job depends on how he handles this situation. If he screws it up he'll be gone within a few years. Right now, he's able to say Crean wasn't his hire. Before you start with the extension crap the way he did it saved money, believe it or not. The pressure is on him to remove that coach and get a successful one. If Fred doesn't make a change soon he'll be gone. If he makes a bad hire when the move takes place, he's gone. Fred might be a lot of things in your mind but ignorant he is not.

Or maybe his job doesnt depend on it. Maybe the admins are just fine with crean. Because if it did i think even glass would not be dumb enough to go down with crean.

38 minutes ago, recker222000 said:

My fear is it has not gotten bad enough yet. We need another dumpster fire year to really get 100% apathy which is really sad.

I had the same thought the other day. Maybe as fans on the lunatic fringe we forget that we have a lot of boosters who send their checks "For the Glory" without much thought, and always will. I had a conversation with a booster the other day that said the voices of concern often have to become deafening before they are even heard, because the admin sees them  as petulant problem children. They did say that the concern is as loud as it has been in years, since the Davis years, but they were not sure what the outcome may be.  Maybe it will take a year like Mike Davis' last before something is done. Hopefully not, but that does seems more and more possible.