Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

That's fair enough. I disagree with their assertion. Tom Crean isn't negotiating his contract until the NIT is over with. That Gabe dude said as much from Scout. Their version of Peegs. Crean has interest but wouldn't talk until their season is over with.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

DeArmond has said that Mizzou hasnt even started interviews and as of now all it has been is to gauge interest. Money and terms would be done during interviews. Not saying Crean is going to Mizzou but a lot can change. My god I would just like to know. We are literally the only big school that hasnt made an announcement. Coaches that leave for the open jobs dont count towards it. I could see an announcement of Crean returning due to the NIT thing. After the BTT they were worried what would happen. At first I saw it as the opposite honestly and still see those points but the hate now is a lot worse at the moment than it will be come November. Yes fans will be pissed but they will not be as mad but still mad. Glass is probably hoping Crean can do something to change things which he cant but none of this makes sense. Our program is being run poorly on all fronts and it is giving us a bad look. Like I said before though the Billy D thing is the only thing that makes sense of he is to be fired. Not saying it happens but it looks more real than in the past. Maybe Glass thinks if Crean stays one more year he can get Billy D to come after being fired or RW leaves. Thunder people seem to think it could happen this year though and if we miss a chance for Billy D to keep Crean than the blowback will last all the way through next year and completely ruin Glass's theory of fans cooling off. Stevens is only gonna be sold on the NBA even more with Markelle Fultz and probably another big name guy.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Bowhunter said:

The funny thing is when we hear something we don't like we get pissy and doubt it but when it's something that we want to hear we love it and run with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

Hope is all we have left.

DeArmond has said that Mizzou hasnt even started interviews and as of now all it has been is to gauge interest. Money and terms would be done during interviews. Not saying Crean is going to Mizzou but a lot can change. My god I would just like to know. We are literally the only big school that hasnt made an announcement. Coaches that leave for the open jobs dont count towards it. I could see an announcement of Crean returning due to the NIT thing. After the BTT they were worried what would happen. At first I saw it as the opposite honestly and still see those points but the hate now is a lot worse at the moment than it will be come November. Yes fans will be pissed but they will not be as mad but still mad. Glass is probably hoping Crean can do something to change things which he cant but none of this makes sense. Our program is being run poorly on all fronts and it is giving us a bad look. Like I said before though the Billy D thing is the only thing that makes sense of he is to be fired. Not saying it happens but it looks more real than in the past. Maybe Glass thinks if Crean stays one more year he can get Billy D to come after being fired or RW leaves. Thunder people seem to think it could happen this year though and if we miss a chance for Billy D to keep Crean than the blowback will last all the way through next year and completely ruin Glass's theory of fans cooling off. Stevens is only gonna be sold on the NBA even more with Markelle Fultz and probably another big name guy.

This is where I thought it was.

If Crean doesn't leave, I hope the fanbase shows him very little mercy.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

You want the fanbase to be vitriolic towards Crean for not walking away from his job and over $3 million? Makes no sense. Direct anger at the individuals who retained him, if you feel anger. But probably stop and consider the possibility that you don't have all the facts...

1 minute ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

You want the fanbase to be vitriolic towards Crean for not walking away from his job and over $3 million? Makes no sense. Direct anger at the individuals who retained him, if you feel anger. But probably stop and consider the possibility that you don't have all the facts...

You could be vitriolic that he's bad at his job however.

This is where I thought it was.

I am exhausted from this honestly. If Crean is coming back just tell us. I don't see what the big deal is. It is killing our recruiting and giving Crean a bunch of negatives going into a kids home. How is a parent supposed to trust him with their kid with all the rumors swirling? Tucker would be ours if they announced it. I would like a change but at this point I am tired of every little detail or info being put out there being sided towards both he could be here or not. This is gonna determine Glass's tenure here at IU no doubt about it. Personally I just think it makes too much sense that Billy D has interest in coming here. Not that it is gonna happen, but it kinda seems like it is Crean or him in Glass's eyes.

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

image.thumb.png.64297efd9b4991f198a13115d13c6a8f.png

1 hour ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Funny thing is, the CEO of CareerBuilder is an IU alumni

Funny on both accounts.  That Creany Tom Twitter feed has been the source of quite a few chuckles of coffee out the nose.

8 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

self-proclaimed "insiders" telling each other to PM each other. "a lot starting to happen" 

Scratched previous post. His info wasn't anything ground-breaking. All I know is if Crean is officially moving on, I'll be at the game tomorrow night.  Otherwise, I am staying home.

The "other site" is saying that Mizzou offered the job to Crean and he turned them down. Mizzou will go after C. Martin now. Also saying that Crean will be retained but NOT be giving a contract extension. Glass will revisit issues after next year.

Don't kill the messenger here just throwing out what others are saying. Still a lot of opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

That would be the death of the program. Bring back a lame duck bad coach who cannot recruit. I guess that woyld be typical glass though. Glass is incompetent.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

self-proclaimed "insiders" telling each other to PM each other. "a lot starting to happen" 

Anymore I see this stuff and my eyes just roll out of my head.  I've fallen for too much "inside" information.  Probably the worst was the "Plot Thickens" thread, where the entirety of the information provided was a smiley.  

Let's step back and pretend we are Crean's boss, not a fan of his basketball team.  Has he performed commensurate with his contract?  No.  He makes more than all the other Indiana coaches, and does worse.  He makes more than the other Big Ten coaches, and does worse.  We're just not getting value.  

Let's exercise some patience, here.  IU plays tomorrow, and possibly again thereafter.  All of the coaches we're looking at are embroiled in coaching their own teams during the most important time of the season.  That we're not getting anything groundbreaking right now is to be expected, and therefore not a reason to be losing our minds.  

The "other site" is saying that Mizzou offered the job to Crean and he turned them down. Mizzou will go after C. Martin now. Also saying that Crean will be retained but NOT be giving a contract extension. Glass will revisit issues after next year.

Don't kill the messenger here just throwing out what others are saying. Still a lot of opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Also why would he accept that job for less money when he can stay here and make millions. As long as fred is,willing to pay him im sure he will stay.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk