Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

If true. And I won't be surprised. Next year will be a box score type of year for me. I can't handle it any longer.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

It'll mean Glass is what I've claimed, a Crean fan boy that pays lip service to having expectations instead of actually having them.  There is no defending bringing him back, literally none.

24 minutes ago, recker222000 said:

I actually think he still thinks he can salvage this and get another year.
I don't think glass has told him anything yet and probably shouldn't until the season is over.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

CTC's no coaching rookie and he can plainly see the writing on the wall.  He may not like it and try to push back, but IMO he's gone.   If he were coming back I think we would have already gotten the word that his contract was extended and a joint presser with CTC and Glass all huggy and kissy faced.  Without an announced extension he's clearly a lame duck in the world of recruiting.  So far Glass has been totally silent with respect to CTC's future at IU and I think that silence is deafening.

Don't believe it at all.  Right now the public perception is CTC is gone and how can he possibly be an effective recruiter?  For the sake of the program if it's true there should be an announcement that he's been extended and will remain as head coach for the immediate future.  GLass is no dummy and has to know how leaving the mess in limbo isn't doing anyone any good.

Omg this needs to end one way or another. If he is staying he needs to get Tucker and Smith locked up and next year still sucks if he is gone than this **** needs to be out soon. He was out recruiting Langford and Jallow tonight. Im so sick of the way this program handles things.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

An extension isnt that necessary honestly. He is signed for 2 or 3 more years after this. Sean Miller just coached to the last year of his contract. I wouldnt say that is a main issue. He will be here for at least half these recruits tenure. Zags just posted about a Sandro kid tht is 17 class and has been talking to crean. I dont get the quiet front on mark smith or jordan tucker tho.

7 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The Fire Fred Glass thread is going to be lit if he brings Crean back. 

Time to unleash the email barrage on McRobbie... make it known that we're done with Crean... AND with Glass of Fred insists on keeping Crean around.

The Fire Fred Glass thread is going to be lit if he brings Crean back. 

He can make all the seemingly good Tom Allen hires he wants, but if he can't give us a (edit:) basketball coach who produces postseason success, get rid of him.

I just saw on 247 that mile posted some updated info:

Reach outs to :

Stevens. Still not giving up, despite his telling us no

Donovan. Don't want to say where it stands for fear of upsetting the apple cart.

Sean and Archie. Further down the list.

Dane. Personally, don't understand this,unless it is a stop gap, unless IU fails with the one's above.

No reach outs to :

Alford, Mack, or Marshall. And one other I can't remember the name of.

He said that things went well with Donovan when they reached out but his sources have gone quiet recently on that front. He said they could be trying to keep it quiet until the season is over and don't want any leaks.

16 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Time to unleash the email barrage on McRobbie... make it known that we're done with Crean... AND with Glass of Fred insists on keeping Crean around.

I don't think McRobbie cares much about basketball, but if the fans let him know the donations will dry up until Crean is gone that'll get his attention real quick. I just googled him to like for his email address and came across this. I wonder if the incidents a couple years ago affect his attitude toward Crean. http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2015/08/26/fred-glass-michael-mcrobbie-indiana-hoosiers-student-athlete-behavior/32405985/

15 minutes ago, CR3AMnCR1MS0N said:

He can make all the seemingly good Tom Allen hires he wants, but if he can't give us a (edit:) basketball coach who produces postseason success, get rid of him.

I'm pretty indifferent on Glass right now. He's done some good stuff with the other sports, but basketball isn't where it needs to be. If he puts us through another year of Crean ball I'm 100% on board with removing them both. 

No offense to Dane Fife but he would not cut it here. He would be an okay coach and get along with most coaches in the area which may lead to more big recruits in state but thats about it. At this point tho I dont expect the list to be long. They have time to do this. Focus on the main guys and once it is a solid no move on.