Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2018) PF Jake Forrester to IU

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Where would he go though? Are you saying declare for the draft? There's a lot of basketball to be played, but he'd have to really, really breakout this year IMO to be someone a team would draft. 

I suppose he could go play in Europe or the G League. I think the most likely scenario is Garland committing somewhere else in November (Vanderbilt in all likelihood) and there not being a scholarship crunch at all as we pursue Romeo in the spring.

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I don't know that he would, but if he gets his degree as Stu suggested could happen, then it's an option he would have.   

That's true. I guess I assumed he would rather pursue professional opportunities rather than transfer for his senior season.

12 minutes ago, VO5 said:

That's true. I guess I assumed he would rather pursue professional opportunities rather than transfer for his senior season.

Don't want to get the Forrester thread way off track but Morgan was a FCTC recruit.  If he opted not to stick around for Archie he had to sit out a year.  He plays his junior year under Archie and gets his degree.  If he's not happy under Archie and he's not getting good pro vibes, he can transfer and not sit out his 4th year .  Purely SPECULATION!

According to a article by rabjohns Forresters were blown away by visit. Said iu was at the top before and remained after. Looking to take 2 more visits and deciding by the first week in October.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'll be fairly surprised at this point if he's not an IU commit. The only possibility is pursuing early playing time at one of the other schools.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, goonaha said:

I'll be fairly surprised at this point if he's not an IU commit. The only possibility is pursuing early playing time at one of the other schools.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Perhaps he would rather be a cog in a potential champion. 

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

247 has him with 3 more visits. Has he canceled one? 

His dad mentioned they might not make all 3 visits, but want to get 2 more in. They're looking at an early October commit date

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make it to those last two visits. If he was as impressed as it sounds like he is, maybe he just wants a little time to process the visit before committing. 

A couple quotes from his dad that I found interesting.

“We’re hoping Indiana will allow him the opportunity to take other visits and figure out what will be the best fit for him.

“I don’t think it’s fair to take a great program like Indiana U. and put every other place aside. I think you have to give a kid an opportunity to decide what he wants to do.”

3 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

“We’re hoping Indiana will allow him the opportunity to take other visits and figure out what will be the best fit for him.

“I don’t think it’s fair to take a great program like Indiana U. and put every other place aside. I think you have to give a kid an opportunity to decide what he wants to do.”

The Curse of Aaron Henry.  Now IU has a reputation of recruiting over guys.

I kid.  I don't really understand the comments.  But the way he said it twice makes me think that Mr. Forrester (?) isn't a huge fan of his kid becoming a Hoosier.  Surely he isn't implying that somehow we shouldn't use our proud heritage to our advantage?

The Curse of Aaron Henry.  Now IU has a reputation of recruiting over guys.

I kid.  I don't really understand the comments.  But the way he said it twice makes me think that Mr. Forrester (?) isn't a huge fan of his kid becoming a Hoosier.  Surely he isn't implying that somehow we shouldn't use our proud heritage to our advantage?

He was very pro IU during the whole interview. Those quotes where just ones that caught my eye and makes its seem he will use his other visits but IU is in very good shape.

12 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

That's... Interesting. I wonder what was said during the visit to make him say that.