Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Kevin Wilson Resigned

If Allen was the head coach there would be no doubt Allen would continue to call the defense. He would have to hire an OC who essentially would be head coach of the offense with little input from Allen.

Really no different than what we had. CKW called the offense, Johns wasn't a typical OC. Allen ran the defense with little input from Wilson. It would be the same thing with Allen and Hagen.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I agree and don't think Johns is a proven candidate. He may be great but from an outsiders perspective I would prefer a more proven guy there

I agree and don't think Johns is a proven candidate. He may be great but from an outsiders perspective I would prefer a more proven guy there

Yep agreed. That is why Littrell left for another OC job: Wilson called the plays and Littrell needed play calling experience, so it really was a promotion for him despite the same title. If Allen is the head coach I think there will be major turnover on the offensive coaching staff as a veteran offensive coordinator will get his own guys. Would be a shame because Frey and McCullough are spectacular coaches. We'll have to see...

Yep agreed. That is why Littrell left for another OC job: Wilson called the plays and Littrell needed play calling experience, so it really was a promotion for him despite the same title. If Allen is the head coach I think there will be major turnover on the offensive coaching staff as a veteran offensive coordinator will get his own guys. Would be a shame because Frey and McCullough are spectacular coaches. We'll have to see...

Littrell left for a head coaching job.

This is disappointing. I've been a very very hard critic of him and his play calling and game management over the past couple years, however he's a great offensive mind and seemed to be well respected. I'll always remember him calling the timeout against Michigan State a couple years ago to rip into a ref. Hopefully the program can make the right hire going forward, either Tom Allen or someone splashy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners