Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Indiana vs Butler Game Thread 12/15

3 hours ago, Demo said:

This may be the, “no s**t, Sherlock” post of the day, but Langford really is the key to this game. The only Butler game I’ve seen was their loss at SLU. SLU has a kid named Javon Bess, who’s a strong, athletic 6’6” kid. He can make shots, but he’s really about getting to the rim and finishing or drawing fouls. Good player, but no Langford.  Butler had no match up for him. He just overpowered whomever they tried on him. Scored 18, but could have had 25 if SLU’s guard play hadn’t been pretty bad. If Langford comes out aggressive early, I think he creates foul problems for Butler on the perimeter. I like this matchup a lot. So, now watch Butler make 15 3’s. 

To say Langford is the key to this game will likely apply to every game the rest of the season, with the possible exception of the next two Holiday cupcakes.  Just as important, Morgan must stay on the floor, especially in the first half, and Smith needs another 9 point, 9 rebound, 0 turnover game or something similar, like the last game.  

2 minutes ago, Whoozhers said:

Oh brother....got to listen to the “nickel dimmer” “lingerie on the floor” Raftery.
Don’t top it off with TV Ted.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

ONIONS!!! I swear when I was a kid, Raftery was pretty decent on Big East and Nets games. Now he's become a human soundboard trying to enable drinking games nationwide.

5 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Wow Purdue is going to be 6-5 after today. Anybody else still feel they are good?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Are they still winless in the Crossroads Classic?  I can't bring myself to Google Purdoo basketball on my phone.

6 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Wow Purdue is going to be 6-5 after today. Anybody else still feel they are good?

But...but...but...Carsen Edwards!!

In all seriousness, this game isn't over. Notre Dame has blown big second half leads the last three years in this event.

14 minutes ago, IUsince1980 said:

Don't get too cocky about Purdue losing today because IU will be following suit. This team will not beat a fundamentally sound Butler. Butler just has out number.

Sent from my SM-J337P using BtownBanners mobile app

Can't wait to quote this once IU wins today

Don't get too cocky about Purdue losing today because IU will be following suit. This team will not beat a fundamentally sound Butler. Butler just has out number.

I am pretty sure I will stay plenty cocky about Purdue losing all day regardless of what we do. We aren’t 6-5.

Wow. You and Gradman must be related.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Hell yeah that’s the gameday spirit!

This guy is obviously a troll
Not even close. Been a fan since the late 80s. I'm just not sold on this team and its ability to beat a fundamentally sound Butler team. Ive seen butler beat us multiple times no matter the nice ranking we come to the game possessing. I hope I'm wrong and we play great today. Just have my doubts.