Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Colts / NFL Game Thread

One quarter in and the Colts defense is still atrocious.  Richardson is so inaccurate he's killed us too.

It's going to be a rough game

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Terrible.  Richardson has a long way to go. Defense is just so weak too.  Long haul away.  

Particularly tough to swallow when you watch Houston with their 2nd year HC and their 2nd year QB and they just look miles ahead of the Colts. Stroud is such a bada$$. Kid’s just got it. 

10 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

Welp, I like Ballard. Think he has a good idea for talent. He isn't cut out to be the guy making decisions long term for a franchise

Same here.  He certainly can find some gems but each of the last few years we seemed to have glaring holes/needs that did not get filled.  You have to be able to build and entire roster and our results have to be used as a measure of his ability to do that.  Unless something turns quickly, it is time for a new GM and potentially a new DC.

the results are getting really old when you continue to run it back year over year with "inside" guys, preach winning the battle of the trenches(2 straight games of the inability to stop the run game).  No real depth at the DB position, safeties making way to many tackles on running backs(where are the LBs at?), Richardson overthrowing a lot.  It was a known issue that Richardson had some accuracy concerns, he's a physical freak but will that translate?  Time will tell.  Ballard is on the hot seat in my mind, if they have a sub .500 season this year with a fully healthy Richardson, Ballard may just be finding himself out the door.  

7 hours ago, 8bucks said:

Same here.  He certainly can find some gems but each of the last few years we seemed to have glaring holes/needs that did not get filled.  You have to be able to build and entire roster and our results have to be used as a measure of his ability to do that.  Unless something turns quickly, it is time for a new GM and potentially a new DC.

My one gripe with his evaluation of talent is his preference for tools over production. AR is a perfect example. Actualized AR is up there with Mahomes. 

Another would be the guys who get hurt all the time, Brents being the perfect example now. If Brents could stay healthy he'd give us something in the secondary. But like others before him, he can't stay healthy

7 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

the results are getting really old when you continue to run it back year over year with "inside" guys, preach winning the battle of the trenches(2 straight games of the inability to stop the run game).  No real depth at the DB position, safeties making way to many tackles on running backs(where are the LBs at?), Richardson overthrowing a lot.  It was a known issue that Richardson had some accuracy concerns, he's a physical freak but will that translate?  Time will tell.  Ballard is on the hot seat in my mind, if they have a sub .500 season this year with a fully healthy Richardson, Ballard may just be finding himself out the door.  

I'm just as concerned about AR reading a defense. Mitchell is getting open. A lot. But he isn't getting the targets to make it seem that way. He had a pretty bad drop on Sunday. He is open this much and still not getting targets due to some seeming lack of trust then why is Mitchell playing. I'm not saying I believe that last sentende. Something has to be true though. Either AR is constantly reading the defense wrong. Or he doesn't want to throw to Mitchell

14 hours ago, Certified Sunshine Pumper said:

Colts have 2 losses by 8 points. 

Being that he is in year 7, I think, being close isn’t likely to cut it.  I liked CB and would love to see it work out but results matter over the course of 7 years.  

On 9/16/2024 at 8:29 AM, Certified Sunshine Pumper said:

Colts have 2 losses by 8 points. 

Bad teams find ways to lose close games.

9 minutes ago, Rico said:

Bad teams find ways to lose close games.

The thing is that the Packets game wasn't that close. They had a TD taken away with a penalty and they fumbled at the goal line. Take those away and their miss FG it could have been more like 30-10

2 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

The thing is that the Packets game wasn't that close. They had a TD taken away with a penalty and they fumbled at the goal line. Take those away and their miss FG it could have been more like 30-10

I agree with ya.  But all that being said the Colts still had a chance and only got beat by 6.