Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

1 minute ago, LIHoosier said:

Is there a back story as to why Penix is being hidden and scurried away like he's in a boy band?

Really hope he isn’t hurt. Kind of thinking he just has a lot riding on him and it’s a release of emotions. It was definitely a weird scene. 

40 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Washington and Washington State are tied with less than a minute left with the ball deep in Wazzou teritory -- and Penix is throwing the ball all over the place. 

Just move the ball forward, get it where the kicker likes it -- and boot the winning FG. 

I don't get it. 

Kid had missed 3 of his last 4 before that game winner. The game winning kick didn't look that great either

8 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Not so fast my friend, he staying at UK

Good for him. I kind of like the guy and A&M is a deceivingly crappy job. 

6 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

College football fanbases/donors bullying athletic directors out of hiring a coach they don’t want remains hilarious. 

Can IU get some of those to help out the AD with the football coach? Coaching search committees might be a thing of the past, but I’d prefer someone who knew more about what a successful football program looked like making the hire

Just now, kreigh8 said:

Can IU get some of those to help out the AD out with the football coach? Coaching search committees might be a thing of the past, but I’d prefer someone who knew more about what a successful football program looked like making the hire

Heard, but I sure wouldn’t be looking to A&M for these successful decision-makers lol. 

6 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

College football fanbases/donors bullying athletic directors out of hiring a coach they don’t want remains hilarious. 

Do these guys really not account for that? “Hey, our lunatic fanbase wants the Ohio St guy(which is all you need to know about their judgement), but I think the UK guy would be really good here. So, I’m going with my guy ‘cause I’m sure they’ll just swallow it.” 

1 hour ago, Demo said:

Good for him. I kind of like the guy and A&M is a deceivingly crappy job. 

Good guy, but he wouldn’t perfect for Texas AM. Stoops has better job security at UK winning 6-7 games a year. At Texas AM, they probably want like 9-10 win seasons on average under him. I don’t know much, but it sounded like another Tennessee-Schiano situation.

11 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Good guy, but he wouldn’t perfect for Texas AM. Stoops has better job security at UK winning 6-7 games a year. At Texas AM, they probably want like 9-10 win seasons on average under him. I don’t know much, but it sounded like another Tennessee-Schiano situation.

And it'll get doubly worse now that aTm has to directly compete with Texas again.

8 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Texas A&M thinks they should be in the CFP mix every year.  But they never are.