Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

Bracketology/NCAA Postioning

I agree, and think we will end up a 3 or 4 seed. I don't get the Kentucky love, but ESPN loves them. Can't wait for March Madness!

You don't understand the Kentucky love? Really? Calipari for a coach. It is the most successful CBB program in history. They sent like 20 players to the NBA that include John Wall, Boogie Cousibs, Karl Anthony-Towns, Eric Bledsoe, Brandon Knight abs the last goes on. Several were lottery picks... it is pretty easy to see actually. No one else is even close to what Kentucky has done under Cal. So they cater to what will get interest. That gets it.

Uh, okay. Feel free to go be a Kentucky fan then lol.. I'm talking about THIS year, not years past. This year, Kentucky hasn't been that great, but have been getting a very generous seeding in the tourney to date.

I think they're kind of in the same spot as us no? But they'll get more exposure because of their brand.

Except, you know, the multiple programs that have hung more banners than them.

Duke and UConn have hung one extra but haven't had the consistency. UK has missed the Elite 8 once under Cal and that was because they were in the NIT. UConn had the year they weren't eligible and they missed the tourney. Duke has lost in the first weekend a couple times.

Duke and UConn have hung one extra but haven't had the consistency. UK has missed the Elite 8 once under Cal and that was because they were in the NIT. UConn had the year they weren't eligible and they missed the tourney. Duke has lost in the first weekend a couple times.

Last 4 yrs for Duke

First round exit
Elite 8
First round exit
Natty

One of those teams had a chance to win 4 titles in a 4 year span the other could only win 3

And? There was a Final Four before the Natty and an Elite 8 before that. I know people here want to discredit UK with everything because they do it "the wrong way" and credit Duke because they do it "the right way." But you can't ignore 4 Final Fours in 5 years. Any team that does that on any level is pretty good. NBA, D1, D2, D3, HS or in the women's game(UConn).

And? There was a Final Four before the Natty and an Elite 8 before that. I know people here want to discredit UK with everything because they do it "the wrong way" and credit Duke because they do it "the right way." But you can't ignore 4 Final Fours in 5 years. Any team that does that on any level is pretty good. NBA, D1, D2, D3, HS or in the women's game(UConn).

good for them

I guarantee UK fans would rather have the extra banner over the "consistency" you mentioned. 

I guarantee UK fans would rather have two banners over one banner and the "consistency" you mentioned.

Well sure. I'm sure they'd like 4. But they dont. But no one else has even gotten close to having that opportunity.

Wouldn't you love for us to have that success at Indiana? It'd be pretty amazing.

why sure i would but what the hell does that have to do with Kentucky. You asked how someone can ignore there final 4's. Pretty simple I don't like them and want nothing to do with them and since it's a free country I have a choice not to give a crap about their program which I take full advantage of. If you like them and want to respect them good for you that your choice and I won't question it Just for future reference no matter what stat you throw out there about kensucky, spoiler alert: it's not going to change my stance

why sure i would but what the hell does that have to do with Kentucky. You asked how someone can ignore there final 4's. Pretty simple I don't like them and want nothing to do with them and since it's a free country I have a choice not to give a crap about their program which I take full advantage of. If you like them and want to respect them good for you that your choice and I won't question it Just for future reference no matter what stat you throw out there about kensucky, spoiler alert: it's not going to change my stance

You sound like a jealous hater.

Be like that team down south?  Not a chance in hell.  They've shown a willingness to cheat throughout their history.  I'm sure that all stopped once they hired slime ball because he has shown a history of always doing it the right way.  He's left every program he was at in great shape upon his departure.  Match made in inbred nation.