Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

Two HS football players attack referee

This is insane.  These kids need punished.  I don't know if they planned on football being a long-term venture (probably not).  But if they did, this incident will hang over them for the rest of their playing days.  What an embarrassment.  Anything short of throwing these two off the team would too light of a punishment IMO.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/high_school_football/article/Northside-ISD-investigating-incident-with-6487775.php

The article never states, but I hope the ref is OK.  That blindside shot could have really jacked him up, permanently.

http://www.kens5.com/story/news/2015/09/06/nisd-investigating-incident--john-jay-players-official--fridays-game/71810096/

The player wearing the No. 12 jersey was ejected by the official after the play, but No. 81 remained in the game and another Jay player was tossed instead, Laing said.

“After he (the official) got knocked down and he got back up, he ejected one of the wrong kids,” Laing said. "No. 12 and No. 81 are the ones involved in the video, but No. 81 did not get ejected. No. 12 and No. 7, who came over after the play, got ejected."

No sympathy here--that was ridiculous. One of the television news reports there are claims the referee was making racial slurs to players.  That's the first I heard of that and I don't know if it is true or after-the-fact spin.  Even if true--the players handled it in the wrong way. I agree their playing days should be over. I heard the team of the players involved had several personal fouls that night.  I have never seen anything like this.....a strong message should be sent---and we will likely see criminal charges too.

No sympathy here--that was ridiculous. One of the television news reports there are claims the referee was making racial slurs to players.  That's the first I heard of that and I don't know if it is true or after-the-fact spin.  Even if true--the players handled it in the wrong way. I agree their playing days should be over. I heard the team of the players involved had several personal fouls that night.  I have never seen anything like this.....a strong message should be sent---and we will likely see criminal charges too.

Yeah this was after the fact, I can almost see the kids parents...OMG OMG how do we get out of this...yeah I know we will play the race card, cause after that we are now the victims #blacklivesmatter...

Or maybe it was the coach who told them that the referee needed to pay for costing them the game...