Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

WayneFleekHoosier

IF you could ONLY listen to 3 bands/musicians the rest of your life?

Not that I'm trying to end this thread, but this is an IU message board, and we are forgetting to add the most important name of all, and one who has made some damn good music at that (don't believe me?; listen to this)

Give it up up for...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWGKZMEgDAo

Not that I'm trying to end this thread, but this is an IU message board, and we are forgetting to add the most important name of all, and one who has made some damn good music at that (don't believe me?; listen to this)

Give it up up for...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWGKZMEgDAo

Thread: Ended

Who are these people?  :laugh:

Conor is relatively obscure. Though, much less so lately than back in high school when I started listening. He fronts the band Bright Eyes and recently has been involved in both solo work (but not really) and a new band that's still like 90% Bright Eyes called Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band.

I'm tone deaf, so I'm pretty lyric focused. He writes the most hauntingly beautiful poetry ever put to music. Most of his music is heartbreaking (like most poetry really), some is whiny and annoying, all of it is amazing. I listened to hardcore punk and around 120 bands when I discovered him. Within 5 years he was almost all I listened to.

If anyone is interested, here's a few samples:

Take It Easy is a relatively chipper song about anonymous sex.

The Calendar Hung Itself is a fast and exciting song about losing someone you love.

Amy in the White Coat is sad, slow, and a little weird. It's also incredibly, incredibly, incredibly sad. It's a poetic song but not steeped in double meaning like a lot of his songs. It's just a deep, soulful song.

And for fun, a cover of Bob Dylan's Corrina, Corrina

While I enjoy a wide variety of music, modern day country is up there on my list. Love me some Keith Urban, Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean, etc. I like Darius Rucker, some of you older folks probably would remember him from Hootie and the Blowfish hahaha! If I had to pick some older groups I liked, I'd go with Fleetwood Mac, The Beatles, and I love me some Lynyrd Skynyrd.

I met Darius Rucker when he was still "Hootie."  I can confidently say I've never met another person, famous or not, who is nicer and more genuine.  I was never a big fan until I met him.  His country music is great too.

My list:

Clapton

Pearl Jam

Dave Matthews Band

Zac Brown Band has some great music too.