Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2015) C Caleb Swanigan to MSU

The more Fort Wayne we get to Bloomington the better. Lol. Seriously though, JB2 has to help our chances here. Although, we need JB to have a favorable experience so Swanigan doesn't get Vonleh'd by JB2.

Swanigan could be our chance to keep the McDonald AA streak in tact. Zimmerman too (albeit a long shot)

He just needs to make sure he stays in shape. Don't want him to be BeeJay Ana 2.0

Right on! I was totally uneasy during the whole BeeJay recruiting process and let out a sigh of relief when he passed. Some bigs just don't realize they really belong on the football field. Big Swan appears to have seen the light and is adjusting his weight issue. He will probably have to stay on top of it his whole basketball career.

Why do so many people spell "definitely" "defiantly"?

Anywhoozers....let's get this big boy. NOW.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

My guess is that people are so bad at spelling "definitely" that the auto-correct on their iPhone actually corrects it to "defiantly" because it's closer!

[quote name="IUfan_Charlie" post="66375" timestamp="1400009635"]Didn't get Jabari lol[/quote]

Haha true. Luckily for him, Coach K isn't on this trail. Yet.

Kansas just offered him a scholly.... This will be determined on one of the espn's at some point.... Until then, all we can do is stay in contact and in the picture- I bet this is a long way from being decided.

Are we sure that Caleb Swanigan should be a priority?  Caleb Swanigan has a guardian who he lives with...this gent:

ROOSEVELT BARNES Contract Advisor/Partner 

As a three-sport standout at Purdue University and a Detroit Lions linebacker, Roosevelt Barnes, Jr. learned what it takes to make it in the world of professional athletics. It is this knowledge that helps Barnes relate to his clients and advise them on what to expect when they begin their professional careers. Barnes began working with Eugene Parker in 1987, primarily in the recruiting area. Since then Barnes has become one of the top contract negotiators in the industry, receiving record-setting deals for his clients. Barnes was instrumental in developing Relativity Football’s team approach to sports management and works closely with the entire staff to ensure that his clients’ needs are being met. Roosevelt was the first agent in the industry to develop a draft preparation training program for his clients and still mentors each of them through this process. Although lighthearted and easygoing, Roosevelt takes his role as an agent very seriously. He works tirelessly in his pursuit to maintain the Relativity Football standard of excellence and because of this has become highly regarded by those with whom he has worked. He has negotiated many of the top contracts for Relativity Football’s clients.

Roosevelt Barnes is Caleb Swanigan's father. I've seen him on video training Caleb like a pro. Two hours a day at least, trying to get Caleb's weight down among other things. He's very ambitious for his son. Note Caleb's reassignment to the Class of 2015 and the fact that he is 17 years old this year as a sophomore. Did Dad hold him back until he was "ready", then push him ahead?

Caleb came to Fort Wayne from Utah a few years ago. He announced last year that he would be returning to Utah to finish high school, then changed his mind. Was pressure from Dad in Fort Wayne getting to him? Is he living his dream or his father's? I see Caleb as a one-and-done who will go to the school his father feels provides best route to the NBA.

We've seen this movie before.

Is Roosevelt Barnes his actual father, or is he his 'legal guardian' that got involved with him once he started to show signs of becoming a premier athlete? In other words, if Caleb was 5'6", 165 pounds and a B- student who played Minecraft for hours at a time, would Barnes still have been his legal guardian?  

Roosevelt Barnes is a well-known pro player agent, so I am more than a little bit curious/reticent regarding the situation.

Stuhoo, that is a good question. On video I have seen, Caleb calls Barnes his father. I don't know if he is Caleb's biological father or not. I also don't know about the Utah-to-Fort Wayne move or why Caleb announced he was moving back to Utah last year and then didn't. Is his mother and family still there? The whole thing seems a bit shady to me, especially now that 17 year old sophomore Caleb is going to graduate Class of 2015.

Methinks the good answer to this good question is that a family of player agents is grooming young Mr. Swanigan to be a money making vehicle as soon as humanly possible.

If that's the case...pass. I would very much prefer Jeremiah April or Middle School Bob to involvement with a situation like that.

There's a Sept. 6, 2013 article in The Salt Lake Tribune about Swanigan's plan to return to Utah after playing his freshman year at Homestead. I've tried to link to it but for some reason my computer won't let me post links to BtownBanners. Can someone else post the link? It gives a little background on the situation. Thanks!

I think Swanigan's father is the same Roosevelt Barnes who punched Isiah Thomas during an IU-Purdue game back in 1981. Barnes is bad news, IMHO.

On Caleb returning to Utah:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/tribpreps/56829754-190/swanigan-basketball-east-star.html.csp

On Caleb staying in Indiana:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/tribpreps/56857752-190/swanigan-stay-fort-gazette.html.csp

These were written and posted by the salt lake tribune in only a week apart from eachother.  Really quick flip flopping there