Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Bob Knight done @ ESPN

Oh the memories! I've been attending games in AH since it opened and Bob Knight was always part of the fan experience. Saw him pull his team off the floor at the beginning of an exhibition game due to how the game was being called. Fans were stunned. No one got up to leave as we thought the team would come back. Didn't happen. Once, he called a time out to correct the team's misguided play. Huddle breaks, team returns to the court and Knight goes down the bench to get a drink. The play resumes with a ref blowing his whistle to call a violation that had just been discussed. Maybe it was because the cup was full of ice and liquid, but I didn't know a cup could be thrown that high. This resulted in a shower by all sitting directly behind the bench. Saw him grab Wisman. Watched Kitchel and coach in a stare down. But I really hated it when he completely lost it and slung that chair across the court. Just never knew what he would do.

Saw him many times when i was a student and finally......

Got to see him coach TTU up here in the Great Alaskan Shootout in Anchorage. Acted like i was with the press and walked up and snapped a few photos within 5 feet while he was in a huddle. Man, he could coach the #$@% out of a team!

Saw him many times when i was a student and finally......

Got to see him coach TTU up here in the Great Alaskan Shootout in Anchorage. Acted like i was with the press and walked up and snapped a few photos within 5 feet while he was in a huddle. Man, he could coach the #$@% out of a team!

I really believe he was masterful at preparation. It was said that if a team was to play Knight and Indiana in a tournament, it was best to play them in the 2nd round as he would have less time to prepare the team.

I'm curious as to how many BTB posters have actually watched (live or other) a Bob Knight coached IU team...

Ohh! Ohh! Me! Me!

Sad to see him go. While he did have some "senior" moments his analysis and explanations where great. He can really teach the game. That knowledge needs to be compiled somewhere. Many a coach and player could learn something from him.

I'm curious as to how many BTB posters have actually watched (live or other) a Bob Knight coached IU team...

It was always entertaining. I am getting older but not old. I remember when IU played PU and ESPN would hype like they do now with Duke and UNC. At that time though Duke and UNC was just starting to be what it is today.

I remember seeing Knight on a fishing show hosted by his good friend Jerry Mckinnis.

Bob, Jerry and Ted Williams were trout fishing and camping somewhere in Russia I believe.

The camaraderie and dialogue between these sports legends was amazing to see.

Knight was a complex man and his own worse enemy at times but this show showed his soft side.

I 'd give anything to find that program again.