Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Bob Knight done @ ESPN

I remember seeing Knight on a fishing show hosted by his good friend Jerry Mckinnis.

Bob, Jerry and Ted Williams were trout fishing and camping somewhere in Russia I believe.

The camaraderie and dialogue between these sports legends was amazing to see.

Knight was a complex man and his own worse enemy at times but this show showed his soft side.

I 'd give anything to find that program again.

Yep, in the book:  Teammates by Halberstam it talks frequently about Williams love and affection of fishing.  That dude was RMK reincarnated (or vice versa) so I could see where it was great TV.  That man was very private.  The only time it was said he opened up was on the baseball diamond and fishing.  Its a book about Johnny Pesky, Ted Williams, Dom Dimaggio, and Bobby Doerr coming up together for the Red Sox.  I absolutely recommend that book if you are a baseball fan.  It is short (like 250 pages or so) and an easy read.  Great book.

I'm curious as to how many BTB posters have actually watched (live or other) a Bob Knight coached IU team...

From 1975 on , there weren't too many that I missed. At IU and TT. Its really a shame that he had to leave IU like he did. In a lot of ways, I believe that is why the state of the program is the way it is now. There was and is just no continuity from the old to the new. Look at Mich st, Izzo was Heathcoates guy. Painter was Keadys guy, etc. I know it doesnt always work out that way. But I feel like the admin. has gone out of their way to not hire a Knight guy. Really hoping for good things in the future with this staff or whoever. Just really want to be elite again. For so many years, that is what IU was. And, you could sure be proud to be a Hoosier! But I have to say, I really havent felt that way for a looong time. Go Hoosiers

I did. I remember Mike Lewis throwing the ball off an Iowa player's face.

Didn't Todd Jadlow do a similar thing on an out of bounds play?

As far as Lewis, one thing I distinctly remember is a game where Knight started yelling at him......and Lewis just looked at him and yelled right back. That took guts, and was a big reason I became a fan of Lewis. Kid had some moxie.

Maybe.  I'm pretty sure someone else did it too, but I can't remember who it was.  I'm not old enough to remember Jadlow.

I just remember the Iowa player crowding the line and then Lewis throwing the ball off his face to back him off.

As far as Lewis, one thing I distinctly remember is a game where Knight started yelling at him......and Lewis just looked at him and yelled right back. That took guts, and was a big reason I became a fan of Lewis. Kid had some moxie.

I found a reference to Jadlow doing the ball in the face.

http://hawkeyenation.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-49800.html

I remember Todd Jadlow was having the game of his life against I think Iowa.

He'd had a breakaway dunk where he posterized the defender,came down and made a taunting gesture towards the kid.

Bobby yanked his rear end out and told him in plain view and earshot of the cameras,This isnt F*$kin Louisville your playing for.

Benched him and he never played another second in the game.

Kiss the rings

knight_rings_1351370270465_318362_ver1.0

That's no longer possible. Knight sold them and much of his IU memorabilia, trinkets and souvenirs because he "needed the money to fund his grandsons' college education". At least that's the reason that he gave.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1.