Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Geometry Hoosier

What would you do?

I've thought about this for a while and I'm curious as to what others would do. This is an individual's choice, so there are no right or wrong answers.

For this scenario please have no IU bias. Would you rather go to a small D1 school and play or come to IU under CTC and sit the bench?

I'm going to the smaller school and play.

The smart play is to sit the bench at IU. For all intents and purposes your bball career will be over after college and there could be major connections made being an IU baller. Of course, most 18 year olds probably aren't thinking that way.

I agree with you if and I do mean if you can sit the bench for 3 or 4 years and get a degree.

Counterpoint would be Bellarmine is a really good school with a fine basketball program and if you could play and get a degree  that would be nice too.

I kind of had this scenario, at a lower scale. When I was coming out of high school I had some low major D1 looks and then mainly D2 schools recruiting me. I decided early on that I wanted to play D2 and potentially start as a freshmen, as opposed to probably sitting the bench for 2-3 years in D1 and hoping to be in the rotation as an upperclassmen. 

Who knows what would have happened the other way, but I ended up going D2, starting and playing 30mpg for 4 years. With that said, there's always been a little part of me that wonders what it would have been like to go to IU and try and be a walk-on. 

It is almost a toss up between playing or going to IU for me but playing would win out. When I compare sitting for CTC or any other coach anywhere else besides Indiana and playing, it is a no brainer. Playing all the way.