Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

WayneFleekHoosier

Anunoby and Morgan

Not knocking these guys, but we have heard this before. Almost down to the same wording. "Coach-able, willing to work, ahead of the curve." I mean, I understand these are your go to talking points when talking about an incoming recruit but I was told Hollowell could be an NBA player. I was told Hanner had as much upside as any recruit coming in. I'm glad these guys are signed and they have every right to prove themselves on the court, but I've heard it before and it's getting old

I fully agree. It's easy to brag about upside and then blame the player when it doesn't happen. I'm tired of his schtick as well.

Not knocking these guys, but we have heard this before. Almost down to the same wording. "Coach-able, willing to work, ahead of the curve." I mean, I understand these are your go to talking points when talking about an incoming recruit but I was told Hollowell could be an NBA player. I was told Hanner had as much upside as any recruit coming in. I'm glad these guys are signed and they have every right to prove themselves on the court, but I've heard it before and it's getting old

And what else is Crean going to say? "Man, I really need a big guy, I can't believe I didn't recruit a post-player, rebounder, or defensive-minded kid. I am so boned next year."

You tell the troubled masses that you got exactly what you need and just give me two more years and you'll see the difference even if I did screw-up recruiting Zimmerman and Bryant.

And what else is Crean going to say? "Man, I really need a big guy, I can't believe I didn't recruit a post-player, rebounder, or defensive-minded kid. I am so boned next year."

You tell the troubled masses that you got exactly what you need and just give me two more years and you'll see the difference even if I did screw-up recruiting Zimmerman and Bryant.

Doesn't make it any less tiring. This coach has had one good and honest presser in his tenure and it wasn't even about basketball. It was about our players getting off drugs and jumping in front of cars. I get that he has to say these things, but it's just the same old song and dance. 

Ummm----these are good recruits---are we not allowed to be happy about them coming here?

Yeah---We know---- everything is Crean's fault---so got it.

Stubbed my toe----Crean's fault---he should have recruited a better team so I didn't have to get so mad at the TV!

It's raining---Crean's fault----if only Zeller and Vonleigh had stayed and that 7 footer whose name shall not be mentioned had not transferred--we would have had 3 big guys on the team this year with their heads so high in the clouds so as to stop the rain for months.

Call the mob---get out the pitchforks---everything is Crean's fault! 

Can't wait till we all get back to analyzing and discussing and ---stop whining!

Ummm----these are good recruits---are we not allowed to be happy about them coming here?

Yeah---We know---- everything is Crean's fault---so got it.

Stubbed my toe----Crean's fault---he should have recruited a better team so I didn't have to get so mad at the TV!

It's raining---Crean's fault----if only Zeller and Vonleigh had stayed and that 7 footer whose name shall not be mentioned had not transferred--we would have had 3 big guys on the team this year with their heads so high in the clouds so as to stop the rain for months.

Call the mob---get out the pitchforks---everything is Crean's fault!

Can't wait till we all get back to analyzing and discussing and ---stop whining!

I am happy about Morgan especially and Anunoby too but the points being made are valid.

Crean is a good talker. He knows what the fanbase wants to hear. It's now a matter of results, and they haven't been pretty.

Thus the skeptics.

This shouldn't take anything away from our young recruits.

Fair enough.

If Juwan and OG are reading the posts----which I would be if I had committed to one of the best basketball schools ever--I hope they are interpreting it the same way.

I was so glad these 2 stay committed with all the crud we were going through when they signed their letters---I like what they bring to the program and look forward to seeing them play!

Fair enough.

If Juwan and OG are reading the posts----which I would be if I had committed to one of the best basketball schools ever--I hope they are interpreting it the same way.

I was so glad these 2 stay committed with all the crud we were going through when they signed their letters---I like what they bring to the program and look forward to seeing them play!

good point and agree!

Crean has said these things and more about the players who just dropped a home game to Eastern Washington.