Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

IU vs Texas Southern Post Game Thread

Any thoughts on why Crean doesn't empty the bench during lopsided games? Maybe reduce the chance of an injury to a starter.

I agree. This has been a pet peeve back to the Cody-Vic team. We were often up 20+ and you look at the clock and realize that will around 3 mins to go we still have most of the starters in. Loved seeing him go away from this the last game and hoped he was going to stop but tonight we see it again.

Yeah I know, running sets are important but the starters rarely seem as focused on this when up a ton and the bench needs minutes.

I think our fans are overvaluing JBJ, just like they tend to do with most of our freshmen every year. Remember, we had fans saying Perea would be one and done because he looked so good dunking against high schoolers. 

Who said that about Perea?

I want a starting lineup that can lead us to the national title. Couldn't care less what year in school they are.

Experienced teams win championships. Unless you're Kentucky. Which no one really cares about them
Anyways.

Sent from my iPhoney. Yo.

Experienced teams win championships. Unless you're Kentucky. Which no one really cares about them
Anyways.

Sent from my iPhoney. Yo.

You completely missed my point, the most important thing is to be the last team standing. It doesn't matter if it is freshmen, sophomores, juniors, or seniors. 

It could not have gotten any sloppier, that’s for sure.

I am curious, though about Mike Davis. What kind of reception did he get when he entered AH?

I have been around for a lot of receptions..although assembly hall seemed empty ..IMO I didn't see this overwhelming response...but many people asking for Hornsbys autograph

Texas Southern shot it better than I expected. Not too bad of a team really.

Pretty weak overall performance. We had some brilliant plays mixed with some major boneheaded plays.

Rojo was amazing in 1st. Blackmon was Very good in 2nd. Yogi was bipolar from 1 play to the next. Another really solid effort from Hartman. Hanner played pretty well. Still sloppy ball control. Priller can't defend this level. Max came back to Earth but he's closest to being ready in our "next" group. Ziesloft was solid but not too impressive.

Ehhh. Excited about Thursday!!!!!!!!

Like many preconference games I have seen in years before----regardless of how good our team was---we were just OK tonight.

Looked like we knew we were better than them ---and just went through the motions.

Too much sloppiness and poor defense for my liking---but never in real danger of losing---always in control.

It's time for a real test---bring on SMU!

Positives - We continue to shoot the 3 extremely well, though it won't last once we play teams with good defense. Rob Johnson appears to be a very complete offensive player, isn't afraid to crash the boards, JBJ continues to show his scoring prowess, Hanner looked pretty good, fumbled some passes but overall he was solid. Hartman's hustle is very much needed. 

Negatives - Yogi had 5 or 6 TOs, just completely unacceptable for a player of his caliber, has too limit those in future games. JBJ was just absolutely awful on defense, got lost 4-5 times, resulting directly in TS points, he ball-gawks more than I've seen on this team in a long time. 

I think Troy will be starting over Zeisloft sooner rather than later, we have got to rebound better. Troy and Stan will be a welcome sight after last nights bench outing, can't rely on the starters during B1G season. Overall I think this was a average game in all areas, we can play much better. 

Starters scored all but 5 points...

This is a sore spot with me.There was a period mid second half where the bench could have played a couple minutes without threatening the outcome.

Hanner could have used minutes like those last year instead of learning on the job this year.Instead those minutes went to Jeff Howard.That's really paying dividends now.

I may need to re-watch the game, but it seemed like RJ was bringing the ball up the floor the vast majority of the time. He only had one turnover. This may be a more important statistic than  his 17 first half points.

The guys need to cool it with the lobs. We need to become a team that rarely turns the ball over and I think we can do that, especially with Yogi, JBJ, RJ and Zeisloft doing much of the ballhandling. We are not going to get a lot of second chance buckets, so we cannot throw away our posessions.

JBJ is not the all around player that RJ is, but he can REALLY score the basketball. JBJ's development with ball handling and defense will be a big key to the season.

Hanner is getting better and better by the game. He is a fantastic rim protector and has been doing a nice job staying out of foul trouble.

Don't fret over a 19 point win. We were missing four key players. Three of which we get back next game.