Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

21 minutes ago, Woodson1980 said:

Seems strange none of the mercenaries at pUKe have weighed in yet.
Coach Slime might have some heavy spring creaning this season.

Sent from my LGL41C using BtownBanners mobile app

Wouldn't surprise me if he's trying to convince some of them to stay so he can have another super team ala 2014-15. I know this would be out of character for him, but maybe he's tired of having so many underclassmen every year and pressure from that fanbase can take its toll on a coach.

1 hour ago, mdn82 said:

Ha ESPN did their “Way to early” rankings for next year. Nova is 3rd. Kansas is 1 and Duke is 2.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Those are always fun to read. Only problem is they don't consider teams like IU or Maryland who had a bad season. IMO, I'll take both those teams over #24 Purdue. If we land Romeo I will put us above any team in the B1G. We will have a better idea here an a month. Other thoughts...Good lord Kansas is stacked. Self to me is worse than Calipari in terms of how much talent he has had and only 1 title to show for. To me they are the unanimous number one team. Nova, Duke, and pUKe are rightfully the top four as of now. 

Indiana projected #8 in Tom Dienhart Way-too-early look at 2018-19 Big Ten standings.

http://btn.com/2018/04/02/dienhart-way-too-early-look-at-2018-19-big-ten-standings/

#1 Michigan

#2 Michigan State

#3 Nebraska

#4 Maryland

#5 Wisconsin

#6 Penn State

#7 Purdue

#8 Indiana

#9 Ohio State

#10 Iowa

#11 Minnesota

#12 Illinois

#13 Northwestern

#14 Rutgers (edited)

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Those are always fun to read. Only problem is they don't consider teams like IU or Maryland who had a bad season. IMO, I'll take both those teams over #24 Purdue. If we land Romeo I will put us above any team in the B1G. We will have a better idea here an a month. Other thoughts...Good lord Kansas is stacked. Self to me is worse than Calipari in terms of how much talent he has had and only 1 title to show for. To me they are the unanimous number one team. Nova, Duke, and pUKe are rightfully the top four as of now. 

Oh I completely agree. I saw some assumptions that Nova were far and away the top team going into next year. I think Kansas has more talent. Not sold on Duke until I see them gel.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Self is a much better coach no matter which way you slice it. His players improve leaps and bounds during their time at KU. Yes, one national title which probably should be more. But he did a heck of a job coaching this KU team this year and has won 13 Big12 titles in a row I believe, which is simply amazing. 

29 minutes ago, IUsafety said:

Indiana projected #8 in Tom Dienhart Way-too-early look at 2018-19 Big Ten standings.
http://btn.com/2018/04/02/dienhart-way-too-early-look-at-2018-19-big-ten-standings/

#1 Michigan
#2 Michigan State
#3 Nebraska
#4 Maryland
#5 Wisconsin
#6 Penn State
#7 Purdue
#8 Indiana
#9 Ohio State
#10 Iowa
#11 Minnesota
#12 Illinois
#13 Northwestern
#14 Minnesota

Kills me to say this but I think the B1G will be "Down" again next year. All four tournament teams are losing key players (I think Mo leaves Michigan). Penn State and Nebraska could be in the same boat as well. Dienhart I think has Penn State , Nebraska, and Wisconsin way too high and Purdue, us, and Ohio State way too low. 

25 minutes ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Self is a much better coach no matter which way you slice it. His players improve leaps and bounds during their time at KU. Yes, one national title which probably should be more. But he did a heck of a job coaching this KU team this year and has won 13 Big12 titles in a row I believe, which is simply amazing. 

Definitely can't argue about his Big 12 titles. What is even more amazing is the majority of those titles aren't shared with another team. I just think he should have more than 1 title. Same with Tom Izzo. 

4 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Definitely can't argue about his Big 12 titles. What is even more amazing is the majority of those titles aren't shared with another team. I just think he should have more than 1 title. Same with Tom Izzo. 

Yep, and this year's MSU team had about as much talent as Izzo has had there. They completely looked lost against the zone. Reminded me so much of his understudy who coached here when we faced Cuse in 2012...bad memory. 

It’s impressive... but how impressive? How many of those Big 12 teams were title threats? The good years at ISU we watched them always get bounced early. Kansas State has been pretty consistently solid. Texas had a couple years. Oklahoma with Blake Griffin and Buddy Hield.

After watching him exit early from the tournament enough times, I’m just not impressed given the absurd amount of talent he’s had and the kind of teams he’s assembled. Player development has been hit or miss in my mind. Look at how many of his 5 stars lately sort of failed to live up to the hype.

4 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

They are high if they think PeeEww will be a top 25 team next year. Losing 4 Senior starters is not a recipe for success. WIth Edwards, Haarms and their recent Grad Transfer, I' expect they'll be competitive and probably top half of a weak B1G. Nationally ranked? Pffft, no way.

3 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Kills me to say this but I think the B1G will be "Down" again next year. All four tournament teams are losing key players (I think Mo leaves Michigan). Penn State and Nebraska could be in the same boat as well. Dienhart I think has Penn State , Nebraska, and Wisconsin way too high and Purdue, us, and Ohio State way too low. 

Absolutely agree. The B1G wasn't very good this season. 

Next season? Like you said, a lot of important players leaving. MSU loses it's 2 best players and lots of experienced depth. Purdue- 4 Senior starters and possibly (hopefully) the fifth, Carsen Edwards too. Ohio State loses it's 2 best players (Bates-Diop & Tate) plus Williams and Dakich. Michigan made a nice tourney run....against weak teams. Not their fault, but lets not pretend they were really an elite team. Without Moritz they are very average. Long story short, most teams look to take a step back. I propose IU (with Romeo) swoop into the vacuum and save the day!

#1 Michigan
#2 Michigan State
#3 Nebraska
#4 Maryland
#5 Wisconsin
#6 Penn State
#7 Purdue
#8 Indiana
#9 Ohio State
#10 Iowa
#11 Minnesota
#12 Illinois
#13 Northwestern
#14 Rutgers (edited)

Sorry, gotta do it.....

Minnesota at #11 & #14? You would think they could combine their talent and make it up to #9!

#1 Michigan
#2 Michigan State
#3 Nebraska
#4 Maryland
#5 Wisconsin
#6 Penn State
#7 Purdue
#8 Indiana
#9 Ohio State
#10 Iowa
#11 Minnesota
#12 Illinois
#13 Northwestern
#14 Rutgers (edited)

Dangit! Edited as I was typing I think

Assembly Hall locker room to be renovated:

http://distribution.easternengineering.com/Job_Details/20170970 TOC.pdf

No renderings or anything, but confirms that it is being done. The Cook Hall locker room is already very nice, so this will only add to that. Glad it’s happening. The women have a nice locker room in Cook Hall as well, and although I can’t confirm it, recent pictures seem to indicate that they have started improving their locker room in Assembly Hall as well (just paint and minor touches...I have no idea if they’re going to overhaul it like the men’s).

On a related note, football is also getting a brand new/expanded locker room and players lounge. 

4 hours ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Declaring for the draft is literally no cost to the player - only benefit. Honestly surprised if players don’t announce for the draft.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando BtownBanners

Oh yes I forgot they can see what feedback they get right?

17 minutes ago, RBB89 said:

Assembly Hall locker room to be renovated:

http://distribution.easternengineering.com/Job_Details/20170970 TOC.pdf

No renderings or anything, but confirms that it is being done. The Cook Hall locker room is already very nice, so this will only add to that. Glad it’s happening. The women have a nice locker room in Cook Hall as well, and although I can’t confirm it, recent pictures seem to indicate that they have started improving their locker room in Assembly Hall as well (just paint and minor touches...I have no idea if they’re going to overhaul it like the men’s).

On a related note, football is also getting a brand new/expanded locker room and players lounge. 

Here is what the Cook Hall locker rooms look like for both the men and women. I assume the AH project will look similar, with even newer touches...

29A898F4-B087-4344-8F81-612E55E76406.jpeg