Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

The score was 13 to 11 and during tv time out KY coach Cal says he was not worried and they are fine. We are getting inside and everything we want.  We are good.

I’m listening to KY’s post game show on radio and it’s awful because I’m feeling bad because both programs are in the same situation. Feeling bad for Kentucky. What’s wrong with me??

19 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

A fantastic watch for you guys.

It is the anatomy of a crap defense. Voice over in a Sam Kinnison-like style fits perfectly. At first, I thought this might be a couple of anecdotal examples of how Kentucky was lost on defense. But no. Instead it is a whole-game long, long list of well-narrated video clips that show how completely lacking Kentucky is in defensive principles. The lack of defensive technique and basic principles by Oneyso (who repeatedly guards the post by forcing his man away from help) and Dillingham (whose defensive stance and pressure are non-existent), to Mitchell (who never jams a cutter) is a pretty compelling indictment of Calipari's ability to win with young or defensively lacking players.

If you want to see extensive proof of a poorly coached team? This is a must watch:

That is amazing. He even resembles Kinnison. But he is so spot-on it could be a nice virtual clinic for young players studying defensive techniques.

5 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

One night later, ISU dropped 101 on a top-75 KenPom defense. Sure glad no one had to suffer through a slog like that!

I sense some bitterness

47 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

A fantastic watch for you guys.

It is the anatomy of a crap defense. Voice over in a Sam Kinnison-like style fits perfectly. At first, I thought this might be a couple of anecdotal examples of how Kentucky was lost on defense. But no. Instead it is a whole-game long, long list of well-narrated video clips that show how completely lacking Kentucky is in defensive principles. The lack of defensive technique and basic principles by Oneyso (who repeatedly guards the post by forcing his man away from help) and Dillingham (whose defensive stance and pressure are non-existent), to Mitchell (who never jams a cutter) is a pretty compelling indictment of Calipari's ability to win with young or defensively lacking players.

If you want to see extensive proof of a poorly coached team? This is a must watch:

Not surprising at all that his lone title team had uniquely talented defensive players in Davis and Kidd-Gilchrist. Not your typical 5* recruits. Jones/Lamb coming back for sophomore years and he had his "Can't F This Up" title team.