Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

If you’re not constantly negative you’re not intelligent enough to realize what’s going on. It’s impossible to understand the current situation and post positivity. Also, if you don’t post that you want Archie fired you completely support him and the direction of the program.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I guess we can just repeat that all we need is a shooter and next year is the year. 

If you’re not constantly negative you’re not intelligent enough to realize what’s going on. It’s impossible to understand the current situation and post positivity. Also, if you don’t post that you want Archie fired you completely support him and the direction of the program.

This

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Purdue/Rutgers and Iowa/Northwestern tonight.     This is the first ever meeting between Iowa and Northwestern where both teams will be ranked 

I heard this on the Maryland/Wiscy broadcast last night.  180 meetings and the first where both teams are ranked.  I wonder if there are longer streaks at the major conference level. 

10 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Purdue/Rutgers and Iowa/Northwestern tonight.     This is the first ever meeting between Iowa and Northwestern where both teams will be ranked 

Florida State at Clemson, will be interested to see how FSU plays on the road in conference too.  The ACC seems like it's a bit down this season.

31 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Both sides can be quite extreme.  When I voiced my strong desire to not hire Archie, I was laughed at by pompous posters who told me I don't understand basketball.  I heard it for a couple years until more people on here got vocal about his deficiencies.  Then we were told we're only being negative.

In retaliation I've engaged in rhetoric myself.  In truth this board is full of very intelligent people.  The dumpers are not just negative and they know basketball.  The pumpers are not just pumping and they know basketball. There's just so much rhetoric from both sides.

I think one problem with this board is that most everybody post anonymously so they can go overboard.  Obviously that's not exclusive to this board, it's the anonymity of the interwebz.

I'll see myself back to the negative thread.  But I ask that you let us have that one to vent.  Don't bring your pumping in there!  

Just now, Uspshoosier said:

No Harper jr tonight for Rutgers.  Purdue catching a break 

Didn't have to face OSU's leading scorer, now this. Miami was also down 2 starters when they played them. 

Purdue is going to be that team that ends up 13-7 or 14-6 in conference and everyone is going to wonder how they did it. 

Harper is one of the top ten players in the B1G. The freshman C Omaruyi is out for Rutgers too.

And ... Purdooooo is down seven with 59 seconds left. Still a little worried about Rutgers holding on, but I AM PLEASED!