Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

3 minutes ago, Josh said:

That was called a foul due to him sticking his lower body out.  I'm talking about what Bacot continually did last night.  Setting a soft screen, then moving the defender away from the ball.  That always used to be called a moving screen (no foul) but I haven't seen that called in years.

I agree with you but I did see one in purdue fsu game last 5 minutes edey got one after setting a screen for smith at top of key ….it only stood out to me because I was thinking the same thing as you 

44 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

I agree with you but I did see one in purdue fsu game last 5 minutes edey got one after setting a screen for smith at top of key ….it only stood out to me because I was thinking the same thing as you 

Just saying--

While it's within board rules and this is the college basketball- universal thread, every post doesn't have to include an aside about Braden Smith or Luke Brown. Hell, during the IU/UNC game last night you posted a Braden Smith/Luke Brown update in the college basketball thread. Your posting handle is IU/Butler/Notre Dame, but your posting content on this IU message board is almost exclusively PU/Stetson. 

Reminder the NETs first rankings of the year drop Monday.    I will be curious as to where some of these teams fall within them.     Just remember after Monday it updates daily so a lot will change but it’s always interesting to see the first one.   I think Ohio St has been number 1 in the first ones a couple times.   They won’t be this year 

28 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Just saying--

While it's within board rules and this is the college basketball- universal thread, every post doesn't have to include an aside about Braden Smith or Luke Brown. Hell, during the IU/UNC game last night you posted a Braden Smith/Luke Brown update in the college basketball thread. Your posting handle is IU/Butler/Notre Dame, but your posting content on this IU message board is almost exclusively PU/Stetson. 

Oh boy….I make a light hearted joke about Luke brown against fsu ( which was self deprecating ABOUT the fact I’m a big fan of his) and if you count back I’ve only made posts about either of them on days they actually play ….you’re a good iu fan but you came out firing on how bad smith is heavy.  You aren’t the only one with that opinion and I don’t fault you for it and I never even gave you a hard time about it aside from respectfully disagreeing.  It’s ok to be wrong on a hot take and say “ ok I may have been wrong on that one “ .  I do it frequently.  You may find it makes you less frustrated about seeing posts that were contrary to your opinion.  

JUST saying 

38 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Reminder the NETs first rankings of the year drop Monday.    I will be curious as to where some of these teams fall within them.     Just remember after Monday it updates daily so a lot will change but it’s always interesting to see the first one.   I think Ohio St has been number 1 in the first ones a couple times.   They won’t be this year 

Who is your money on ?

10 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Who is your money on ?

4 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

And ….to touch back on something I missed yesterday …Indiana st looked super good against ball state …played fantastic team basketball on both ends ….could they win The Valley ?

Two straight posts on the college basketball world at large...

Appreciate the minor adjustment.   :)

And ….to touch back on something I missed yesterday …Indiana st looked super good against ball state …played fantastic team basketball on both ends ….could they win The Valley ?

They just beat the best team in the valley last night so I would say they have a chance to win but my money would still be on Drake.   They most definitely will have a shot in their conference tourney

22 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

They just beat the best team in the valley last night so I would say they have a chance to win but my money would still be on Drake.   They most definitely will have a shot in their conference tourney

ISU was a pleasure to watch. That was a good, good game.

23 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Two straight posts on the college basketball world at large...

Appreciate the minor adjustment.   :)

Trying my best ….if things go well over the next ten days we will be off to arguably our best start this century so I’ll try to not be a source of frustration during good times 

24 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

I’ve not watched or read a single thing on drake were they coming in with major expectations ?

Trying my best ….if things go well over the next ten days we will be off to arguably our best start this century so I’ll try to not be a source of frustration during good times 

You should post more in the iubb threads! Your opinions and locally-based insight are valued, and will go over well in those threads.

PS; sadly, Braden Smith has been absolutely great, especially for a freshman in a 30mpg role.

Just now, Stuhoo said:

You should post more in the iubb threads! Your opinions and locally-based insight are valued, and will go over well in those threads.

I will start more …from watching the 2020,2021, and 2022 classes so much this is the first year I’ve felt swamped because I find myself checking games or box scores I would have never otherwise looked at just to try and keep up with how kids are doing and flipping back and forth on the threads can be hard so I’ll start shooting for the post game threads 

2 hours ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

I’ve not watched or read a single thing on drake were they coming in with major expectations ?

Yeah they were expected to be one the best mid majors this year with a legitimate shot at an at-large.   Probably going to have to get a win over Miss St or St Louis for that to happen but they are a really good basketball team 

10 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Hawaii almost erased a 7 point deficit in 13 seconds, but had a game-winner wiped out because a ref blew his whistle for no reason:

Didn't they blow a whistle last night in our UNC game and then say it was a no call?

35 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Hawaii almost erased a 7 point deficit in 13 seconds, but had a game-winner wiped out because a ref blew his whistle for no reason:

Why would THAT official be blowing his whistle when his eyes were in his chest?! There have been plenty of teams that have gotten screwed in the Stan Sheriff Center over the years.