Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Wow maybe it's just me, but I thought I would come to this thread and see people going crazy over the Texas A&M/Houston game last night. Too late for most? If you didn't get to watch - you missed a heck of a game. Best in the tourney so far. Taylor willed the game into OT. And then Houston survived the foul trouble in OT. Talk about delivering?! Hello - is there any mail service today???

Never was a big fan of Andy Katz -- and still am not. 

Hey all, I covered the NCAA tournament in Indy and Danny Sprinkle was there. Now I know him -- probaby better than most. 

image.thumb.png.046d99949d15eca77012caa53af8f76c.png

I'll never forget a few years back -- when there was one play-in game, and the two worst Division I conference champions would play for the right to grab the final 16 seed and play the top overall seed. Katz was at ESPN and just a few minutes before the CBS selection show, this scroll came across the bottom of the screen ... 

BREAKING NEWS: Andy Katz reports that Podunk State (8-22) will play in Tuesday's play-in game. 

I don't remember what the actual team was, but it was one of those schools that had a losing record that won the tournament in one of the worst conferences. My dog, who is so smart she licks her butt and eats goose poop, coulda figured that one out. 

asaas 

13 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Fort Wayne in a run. Up 7 with 5 min to go.   If they win they will head to the CIT finals 

Tarleton stormed back to go up 1 and then Fort Wayne hits a layup.   Fort Wayne up 1 with 35 sec left.   Tarleton ball

3 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Tarleton stormed back to go up 1 and then Fort Wayne hits a layup.   Fort Wayne up 1 with 35 sec left.   Tarleton ball

Fort Wayne up 1 with 4 sec to go.  

12 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

Is Billy Gillispie still the coach at Tarleton?

Yeah but hasn’t coached for medial reasons this year and decided not to coach rest of the year.   Pretty sure they gave him an extension recently though 

Yet more validation of how meaningless the NIT is: Felix Okpara just loaded up a 3 for Ohio St and nobody batted an eye. In any meaningful game he would’ve never taken it and if he had he would’ve had an immediate seat. 

Georgia melting down so bad you’d think clappy was still their coach. Bucknuts on a 17-0 run

My Georgia +8.5 was looking so good. Lol.

And Battle is the type of guy you gotta have. Such a difference maker being a respected shot maker. Opens everything up.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

My Georgia +8.5 was looking so good. Lol.

And Battle is the type of guy you gotta have. Such a difference maker being a respected shot maker. Opens everything up.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Georgia woke up, the + points should hold up. I parlayed it with the over