Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I mean you should win playing 5 on 4.

Hey, whatever it takes to increase Louisville's NET and help IU.

Side note -- I kept book for a high school team about twenty years ago that won a game in triple OT that played the entire third overtime with 3 players.

4 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Side note -- I kept book for a high school team about twenty years ago that won a game in triple OT that played the entire third overtime with 3 players.

I watched an Alabama team finish a game with 3 players against Minny I think.   Bunch got thrown out for fighting and someone fouled out and another got hurt.    Pretty sure Bama held their own playing 5 on 3.   Sexton had a big game 

32 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

I watched an Alabama team finish a game with 3 players against Minny I think.   Bunch got thrown out for fighting and someone fouled out and another got hurt.    Pretty sure Bama held their own playing 5 on 3.   Sexton had a big game 

Here is the game I kept book to -- they ran a short segment on ESPN on it.  I did misremember and it was not the whole third OT with three players -- got down to 4 players in the second OT and were down to 3 with 1:13 left.  One player fouling out that they mention is Craig Osika -- he went on to play tight end as a freshman at IU before they moved him over to center where he started for three years and ended up hanging around the NFL long enough on active rosters/practice squads to earn an NFL pension despite only playing in one game.

1 hour ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Triangle zone D? 
:)

10 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Triangle zone D? 
:)

Yep.  Played a 1 - 2 on defense.  Played a 2 - 2 when they had four.  

In OT, the team with four players scored first and then got a stop.  At that point they looked to run clock and kept getting fouled.  Hit their free throws, ended up winning 91-89.  Did have to make an inbounds pass with about 4 seconds left with isn't easy to do.

10 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Yep.  Played a 1 - 2 on defense.  Played a 2 - 2 when they had four.  

In OT, the team with four players scored first and then got a stop.  At that point they looked to run clock and kept getting fouled.  Hit their free throws, ended up winning 91-89.  Did have to make an inbounds pass with about 4 seconds left with isn't easy to do.

5 on 4 and they only won by 2? That's not good, which we already knew. And IU struggled against them. I'm glad IU is 5-1 now but I see a lot of losses in the B1G.

11 years ago today, UNC came to Bloomington and got ran out of the building by Zeller and crew, 83-59.

That offense that night was fun. Zeller running the floor.

This current team has an awesome 4 and 5. An interesting, high ceiling 3 (bad defense) and whatever is happening at the 1 and 2. I feel like we are one great guard away from being a really good team so its painful.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

14 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

This current team has an awesome 4 and 5. An interesting, high ceiling 3 (bad defense) and whatever is happening at the 1 and 2. I feel like we are one great guard away from being a really good team so its painful.

What sucks is that coming into the season I thought we knew what we'd get from Johnson and Galloway. They haven't played as well as expected. Ware and Reneau were question marks but they're playing better than I'd hoped.

26 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Too bad Ware and Reneau can't be a Watford. The perfect stretch 4. Absolute sniper, along with Hulls.