Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 hour ago, dmvhoosier12 said:

Look at all these so called coaches winning games with less than 75% of points made from 3. It’s laughable. Yes, Purdue beat Tennessee yesterday but with only 4 3-pointers! Basically that means Matt Painter lost to Tennessee. Musselman’s Arkansas team had 2 OTs to pile on the 3 pointers against Stanford. His team only hit 5 in 50 minutes of play. Their win, also a loss. Don’t get me started on Bill Self. 4 3’s?! That’s it?? While they scored more points today, clearly they actually lost with such few points from 3. Coach Bennett at UVa? What a trash human. His team only hit 4/18 3’s against lowly UWv. That well run institution will surely be firing Bennett shortly. A win without many 3’s do not count. Dusty May? What a clown with a November loss.

This board is very insightful. Thank you so much for wonderful knowledge about 3 point > win/loss. 

Hyperbole and anecdotes are really not a good way to make a point.  

Today there were 25 teams that made 5 or fewer three pointers in a game.  They went 9-16.

Are you really going to go with the thought that the ability to hit threes doesn't help win games?  Strange hill to die on.

16 hours ago, cthomas said:

No argument from me. But it was pretty clear at the end that Crean wasn't the answer. He couldn't capitalize on his really good teams with Zeller and Yogi. I thought Crean was a good guy and had some ability to coach offense, but everything else was a mess. I didn't like how it ended but couldn't see a way forward for Coach Crean.

Where he really messed up was in lacking consistency in recruiting classes. Cody / Yogi / Hulls / Vic : Wat great players- and OG / Bryant - but guys went pro or aged out and he couldn’t replace them with like players and brought in weird, bad classes without depth for the next season and crashed hard.

53 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

B1G on pace to get 4 or 5 teams in the tourney with only one of them being a top 4 seed.  Still got time to improve but man it’s been tough sledding so far 

FWIW, Pom has the Big Ten fourth in conferences right now behind the Big 12, SEC and Big East with the Big 12 far and away the best.  ACC is sixth.....behind the PAC 12.

45 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Nova/North Carolina tied with 8 min to go and Butler/FAU in close one with 8 min to go.     No need to flip to Dallas lol 

State back within 3.  I went nowhere.