Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

51 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Kansas st wins it.   Texas is in trouble.  Their resume is weak 

And yet somehow they are ranked 23rd.  Bugs the hell out of me.  They've been rewarded for losing mostly Q1 games but not really putting any kind of respectable win together.  What's their best win?  At Kansas State?  At home against a down Oklahoma team?

6 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Ohio State making up their IUPUI game that was postponed earlier makes absolutely zero sense.

They weren’t even suppose to play earlier.  This game was added when another of their buy games got postponed.   Just adds to win total.   Makes it easier to get to at least 4 games over .500 which is the magic number for at-large selection.   Or they wanted a game to drive up efficiency They wouldnt need to worry about any of that anyway 

30 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

They weren’t even suppose to play earlier.  This game was added when another of their buy games got postponed.   Just adds to win total.   Makes it easier to get to at least 4 games over .500 which is the magic number for at-large selection.   Or they wanted a game to drive up efficiency They wouldnt need to worry about any of that anyway 

Does it not absolutely kill their noncon SOS? IUPUI has to be between god-awful and the worst D-1 team.

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

Does it not absolutely kill their noncon SOS? IUPUI has to be between god-awful and the worst D-1 team.

SOS-10 

Non con-33

they played 4 top 50 teams in non con with some of those away from home.  5 top 76 non con games overall.    They could afford to play a game like this.   

9 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

And yet somehow they are ranked 23rd.  Bugs the hell out of me.  They've been rewarded for losing mostly Q1 games but not really putting any kind of respectable win together.  What's their best win?  At Kansas State?  At home against a down Oklahoma team?

Quad wise Kansas St on the road us their best win(Q1).    Oklahoma (36) and West Virginia(45) both home would be next.  West Virginia was down their best player and best defender.   Best non conference win would be Stanford(91) on neutral floor.  

they might have a good net number but once you sorted them and compared them with other teams around them they would stick out.  I have them closer to 8-10 range 

Interesting trends in the Big 1.o over the last week, in head-to-head it's 7-7 roadie vs. home. 5 of the 7 road wins were teams that were higher in the Big 1.o standings but 2 (Neb over MSU, purdoodoo over Ill) were not.

The next two days features two games with teams right next to each other in the standings. Iowa can tie Rutger at 4-3 in the Big 1.o with a win on the road tonight and IU can overtake purdoodoo at 5-3, pushing purdoodoo to 4-3, by defending home court on Thursday.

The wild Big 1.o is back!

5 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Quad wise Kansas St on the road us their best win(Q1).    Oklahoma (36) and West Virginia(45) both home would be next.  West Virginia was down their best player and best defender.   Best non conference win would be Stanford(91) on neutral floor.  

they might have a good net number but once you sorted them and compared them with other teams around them they would stick out.  I have them closer to 8-10 range 

They get a lot of "Chris Beard is their coach" love. 

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Good lord. 

For those wistfully remembering the good old days, those teams (including the national champion UCLA team) would get absolutely smoked by most D1 teams today.

I'll take it a step further and though this game goes back even further, I looked up "highlights" of the 1953 national championship game against Kansas and I'm absolutely 100% confident we could assemble a team from this here message board that would beat either of those teams by 20. 

And the National Championship game from that year. UCLA over Purdud 92-72. The complete disregard for defensive intensity is striking, as is the lack of physical strength training for these guys. Kareem (Lew Alcindor) is basically walking around, and finding layups. Any shot beyond 17 feet is unguarded, and you can see why - many are missed anyway.

It's easy to see why RMK was a revelation , even with inferior talent at Army.