Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

His issues go far beyond his inability to shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Unfortunately, you’re right. And that’s a shame. Even if the shot never comes, and I don’t think it will, if he was wired right he would be an utterly unique weapon. When he came out he couldn’t defend a post. Not a post player, an actual post. He was dismal and his fundamentals were for sh*t. Now he’s a great, great defender. And he’s an objectively great facilitator. If some creative, and ballsy, Coach would be willing to turn him into a facilitating 5 in a 5 out based system and surround him with  shooter and cutters, man, it would be a sight to see. Problem is, he’s just not wired to be a Guy, and he’s paid and expected to be exactly that. 

4 hours ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

The one thing that slightly worries me is that he can be pretty abrasive to those around him but he’s won before and he’s a great offensive coach. Hope the players buy in, if not, major changes need to be made. 

I can’t imagine he and Brogdon not butting heads. I like Brogdon a lot more than most do, but not at the expense of a cohesive locker room.

As for Simmons which I saw further down, it’s a big no thanks for me. I don’t really see how he fits what Carlisle likes to do and he simply can’t play late in close games, it’s mind boggling. 

45 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Lot to take in

Yeah. The thing is that Myles’s development has pretty much completely stagnated since then. It’s easy to talk like that about a 22 year old 3rd year player. Myles is still pretty young but does anyone actually think he’s ever going to get better? Sabonis actually wasn’t quite as post-centric as you’d think last year either, he only posted up 4.2 times per game (20% rate) which isn’t even that close to most in the league. Sabonis plays a ton out of the midrange. It’s hard not to think Carlisle would love a passing big. 

2 minutes ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

Yeah. The thing is that Myles’s development has pretty much completely stagnated since then. It’s easy to talk like that about a 22 year old 3rd year player. Myles is still pretty young but does anyone actually think he’s ever going to get better? Sabonis actually wasn’t quite as post-centric as you’d think last year either, he only posted up 4.2 times per game (20% rate) which isn’t even that close to most in the league. Sabonis plays a ton out of the midrange. It’s hard not to think Carlisle would love a passing big. 

Sick of this take on Myles. If you think he hasn't improved since then its a hot take, a bad hot take. Until this year he had improved his three point % every year. His defense has become elite. But yah, his development stagnated years ago. 

3 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Sick of this take on Myles. If you think he hasn't improved since then its a hot take, a bad hot take. Until this year he had improved his three point % every year. His defense has become elite. But yah, his development stagnated years ago. 

He’s marginally improved. His 3 point shooting was below average the past 2 seasons not just this year. His midrange jumper game that was once automatic is no where near as effective as it once was (coaching plays a part in that for sure). While his defense did improve, the rebounding never got better, the shooting got worse, the post game never developed. For years people were begging for him to shoot more threes, he does and the percentage drops. He was on all star trajectory at age 20. Sure he moves a bit better now and he can put the ball on the floor but it hasn’t led to anything… Im not saying he’s a bad player in any way, I’m saying I just don’t understand how if it’s between keeping him or Sabonis you pick Myles (depending on the return for both of course). 

28 minutes ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

He’s marginally improved. His 3 point shooting was below average the past 2 seasons not just this year. His midrange jumper game that was once automatic is no where near as effective as it once was (coaching plays a part in that for sure). While his defense did improve, the rebounding never got better, the shooting got worse, the post game never developed. For years people were begging for him to shoot more threes, he does and the percentage drops. He was on all star trajectory at age 20. Sure he moves a bit better now and he can put the ball on the floor but it hasn’t led to anything… Im not saying he’s a bad player in any way, I’m saying I just don’t understand how if it’s between keeping him or Sabonis you pick Myles (depending on the return for both of course). 

Cause you don't really win with bigs anymore. Last year was an outlier. Literally, it was in a bubble. Even then that had more to do with LeBron and AD being top 5/10ish players in the league.

Its a perimeter dominated league, Unless you have an Embiid or Jokic I don't want my big being ball dominant. I'd rather have a guy who is a top ten defender, cab space the floor, and you don't need to dedicate a big part of the offense to them. 

3 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

If I am the Pacers, first priority is trading Brogdon and I would try to get the Raptors to give up that #4 pick to get Suggs. Trade Sabonis. Trade Warren. Build through Suggs and LeVert. Have a defensive anchor in Turner. 

The Raptors aren’t trading 4 for Brogdon and Warren isn’t going anywhere. 

I really hope that Giannis gets the chip this year. Probably their best chance with injuries to the Nets and it looks like the Clippers and Suns could easily go 7

I’d like to see Giannis get it this year but think it stays in the west. The playoffs the last two seasons have been odd.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

I really want Bouknight. He is the perfect off ball player to pair with Domas

I like Bouknight and Moody quite a bit. Keon Johnson has a lot of potential and is a insane athlete but pretty raw. I’ve heard Tre Mann has been impressive in workouts. We desperately need guard scoring off the bench. 

It’s crazy to me that guys like Kidd and Billups are getting head coaching jobs with their history. I didn’t even know about the Billups situation until very recently. Yikes.

I’d really like to post something about this but it’s just be removed. I’ll edit myself,

IT’S ******* DISAPPOINTING THAT PEOPLE CANNOT RESPECT THEIR FELLOW HUMANS. **** BILLUPS

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

My new poster child for the difference between testing athleticism and functional athleticism: 

At the NBA combine Joe Wieskamp measured 6’6.5” in shoes with a 6’11” wingspan, recorded a 42.5” max vert and the 4th best lane shuttle of everyone who participated. That is an exceptional, bordering on elite, athletic profile. And he’s a really good player, he’s gonna have a long career. But in 3 years of watching that kid I can’t think of any game in which his explosiveness or movement skills stood out. He out tested Aaron Henry across the board, easily. But in no universe does he play with better functional athleticism than Henry does. Really an interesting case,