Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

3 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

I'm trying to figure out how serious you're being with all the whining. LeBron gets away with more than any other player in the NBA in terms of fouls for and against him. Not to mention travels and everything else. But now that his team is completely outmatched you're all over this thread trying to point out how the other team is getting away with everything. 

Enjoy this last year with George before he goes to LA. 

2 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Okay? Neat. What does that have to do with what I said. 

Nothing that I say will change your opinion so there was no point in responding to it. You believe what you believe and that's fine. I think you're completely wrong, and I'm sure you think I am too. 

5 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

You really are clueless lmao. Kobe hit his prime after Shaq left. Even with Shaq he still averaged 30 ppg. He played 12 years with the Lakers after Shaq left. He averaged more than 30 in 2 of those seasons. He put up 2 of his 4 highest ppg WITH Shaq. What stats were you wanting me to look at again? 

There's much more to the game than points. But what about your girl Lebron. His scoring went down when he went to Miami 

You really are clueless lmao. Kobe hit his prime after Shaq left. Even with Shaq he still averaged 30 ppg. He played 12 years with the Lakers after Shaq left. He averaged more than 30 in 2 of those seasons. He put up 2 of his 4 highest ppg WITH Shaq. What stats were you wanting me to look at again? 

There's much more to the game than points. But what about your girl Lebron. His scoring went down when he went to Miami 

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

I'm glad you brought that up.

26.4/8.6/8.7  54.8%

25.3/8.3/4.8  53.7% 

Which numbers are better? 

34 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The media's pushing the "Durant's better than LeBron" narrative so hard now. Like no. Durant's team went 18-4 without him this year. That's a 67 win pace. They won 73 games without him last year. He's putting up good numbers on the most stacked team in modern NBA history. He doesn't have to work hard for his points because there are 3 other all-NBA players on the court with him that they have to worry about too. He's a cog in their machine. The workload between him and LeBron isn't even close. . Durant's a great player and if he was doing this against LeBron with OKC, or really any team other than Golden State then there'd be an argument, but he's not.

Lebron's gonna average a 30 point triple double on 50%+ shooting and the narrative after the finals will be "he'll never be better than Jordan" and he's "washed" as a superstar.

Give it up LeBron. You're not fooling us. You're not even close to Michael Jordan. No one EVER will be. Why can't you understand this? And to KingPG21's point, you always have the officials if you absolutely need them. Or the NBA like last year when they suspended Draymond for Game 5 because they knew it was over. Your on court style is childish

7 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Give it up LeBron. You're not fooling us. You're not even close to Michael Jordan. No one EVER will be. Why can't you understand this? And to KingPG21's point, you always have the officials if you absolutely need them. Or the NBA like last year when they suspended Draymond for Game 5 because they knew it was over. Your on court style is childish

Draymond got suspended because he was over the flagrant foul limit for the playoffs. It wasn't Lebron's fault that Draymond couldnt stop himself from touching other guys' junk last playoffs. 

http://www.nba.com/2016/news/features/steve_aschburner/06/12/draymond-green-suspension-could-spark-changes-in-point-system/

2 hours ago, maharkn said:

Cavs spent to much money on worthless and overrated Kevin Love.

Sent from my XT1650 using BtownBanners mobile app

Trade him in the offseason for Jimmy Butler or Paul George. He's great against 28 of the teams but not Golden State. He's played well in the Finals but he lacks the length or athleticism that is needed against Golden State. Durant is 7' foot with tremendous length and they have him guarding Love at times. He can't put it on the deck and score. I would try trading Thompson too. His offensive deficiencies make him unplayable in the Finals. 

I think he got your point after the first post... haha

Trade him in the offseason for Jimmy Butler or Paul George. He's great against 28 of the teams but not Golden State. He's played well in the Finals but he lacks the length or athleticism that is needed against Golden State. Durant is 7' foot with tremendous length and they have him guarding Love at times. He can't put it on the deck and score. I would try trading Thompson too. His offensive deficiencies make him unplayable in the Finals. 

I think Thompson is one of two distinct options you'll find at the 5 in today's NBA. A defender and rebounder (Thompson and Za Za) or a taller shooter with length. The NBA is going more and more to shooters with a small forward type playmaker (Leonard, LeBron, Durant, Heyward, George, Green, Harden to an extent, etc.).

4 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I think Thompson is one of two distinct options you'll find at the 5 in today's NBA. A defender and rebounder (Thompson and Za Za) or a taller shooter with length. The NBA is going more and more to shooters with a small forward type playmaker (Leonard, LeBron, Durant, Heyward, George, Green, Harden to an extent, etc.).

Thompson's really valuable against a lot of the eastern conference teams, but you just can't afford to play guys that can't score against a team with Golden State's firepower. Big guys that can shoot are so valuable these days  

I forget who all was out there, but I remember there was one point last night where both teams were playing 5 perimeter players. With teams shooting more and more 3s I think we're gonna see that playmaking small forward surrounded by shooters continue. A lot of guys in that mold are just starting to hit their primes.  Throw the Greek Freak in that mix too. 

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Draymond got suspended because he was over the flagrant foul limit for the playoffs. It wasn't Lebron's fault that Draymond couldnt stop himself from touching other guys' junk last playoffs. 

http://www.nba.com/2016/news/features/steve_aschburner/06/12/draymond-green-suspension-could-spark-changes-in-point-system/

LeBron knew exactly what he was doing at the end of Game 4. He knew it was over unless one of those guys got suspended. And he targeted Draymond because he's the emotional spark plug. That was such bullsh!t by LeBron. There's no way Draymond should've been suspended for that

12 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

LeBron knew exactly what he was doing at the end of Game 4. He knew it was over unless one of those guys got suspended. And he targeted Draymond because he's the emotional spark plug. That was such bullsh!t by LeBron. There's no way Draymond should've been suspended for that

Again, he wasn't suspended for that play. He was suspended because he was over the flagrant foul limit. Any player that goes over the limit gets a 1 game suspension. They didn't pull the rule out of their butts just to help LeBron.

It's not Lebron's fault that Draymond Green lacks emotional control. Everyone in the NBA knows Green has a bad temper. Have you ever played a sport at the high school level or above? When you know a player on the other team has a short fuse and can't control his emotions you attack him. You trash talk him and you get physical with him. You try pissing him off so he loses it. That's true across all sports. If you want to get mad at someone get mad at Draymond for losing his temper. 

4 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The media's pushing the "Durant's better than LeBron" narrative so hard now. Like no. Durant's team went 18-4 without him this year. That's a 67 win pace. They won 73 games without him last year. He's putting up good numbers on the most stacked team in modern NBA history. He doesn't have to work hard for his points because there are 3 other all-NBA players on the court with him that they have to worry about too. He's a cog in their machine. The workload between him and LeBron isn't even close. . Durant's a great player and if he was doing this against LeBron with OKC, or really any team other than Golden State then there'd be an argument, but he's not.

Lebron's gonna average a 30 point triple double on 50%+ shooting and the narrative after the finals will be "he'll never be better than Jordan" and he's "washed" as a superstar.

You have made a couple good points throughout this thread such as this post, but generally speaking you (and every other LBJ fan out there) hold LeBron up on such a pedestal that it's difficult to have a rationale basketball-related conversation with you. Any Cleveland (or LeBron) fan that complains about any officiating or missed calls automatically loses all credibility in my eyes.