Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

On 2/5/2023 at 3:10 PM, Demo said:

Well, this is a quandry. My “always gonna root for Cuban” meets my “never gonna root for Irving.”

Ha.

I get that Irving is talented but I wouldn’t pay him 35mm+ a season in a million years.
He is disruptive, has torched relationships with teammates everywhere he has played and I just heard his press conference saying he was disrespected by the Nets front office, stated he was “incredibly selfless” (WTF), how he looked out for his teammates (LOL), etc.

Not to mention, did Dallas think landing another perimeter player, who also needs to have the ball in his hands a ton, is what they needed? I don’t see this working unless the NBA allows the Mav’s to play with two balls.

5 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

Ha.

I get that Irving is talented but I wouldn’t pay him 35mm+ a season in a million years.
He is disruptive, has torched relationships with teammates everywhere he has played and I just heard his press conference saying he was disrespected by the Nets front office, stated he was “incredibly selfless” (WTF), how he looked out for his teammates (LOL), etc.

Not to mention, did Dallas think landing another perimeter player, who also needs to have the ball in his hands a ton, is what they needed? I don’t see this working unless the NBA allows the Mav’s to play with two balls.

I think the same. Play style is similar in that both are ball dominant. I guess the glass half full side from Dallas is it will be harder to double Luka. 

On 2/12/2023 at 10:40 AM, Demo said:

Wow. Barrett sees the easy play and refuses to make it. Think maybe there’s a problem there?

They were shopping Toppin pretty hard during the trade deadline. Unfortunately their FO is really dumb and was asking for multiple good picks in return. Dude has been a pretty big bust so far. Do wonder what good picks means. Wonder if they had the stupidity to ask for a FRP. 

Pacers have a lot of representation this weekend at the All Star festivities. Pretty sure its the most in franchise history, though it has absolutely changed in the last decade or so. 

Could see them getting more representation next year when we host though

Zion Williamson has missed 60% of his NBA games. Chet Holmgren is missing his entire rookie season due to a foot injury. Gotta think NBA GMs start to shy away from freak athletes (whatever that may be) in the future. Especially when you see several guys drafted below Holmgren having good seasons.

Man. Ja makes it tough to root for him. He has such a cool pre-fame story. 

Hopefully someone steps in and puts an end to all this sketchy stuff. Based on public statements so far it seems like thw Griz are fine with it, which I hope isn't true. 

46 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Man. Ja makes it tough to root for him. He has such a cool pre-fame story. 

Hopefully someone steps in and puts an end to all this sketchy stuff. Based on public statements so far it seems like thw Griz are fine with it, which I hope isn't true. 

Some players just never stop making stupid decisions. For whatever reason, their past clings on to them and they never get away from it. 

7 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Some players just never stop making stupid decisions. For whatever reason, their past clings on to them and they never get away from it. 

Yah I know. Kind of rare to see such a big name in the current age of social media with it happening. 

i assume the NBA is trying to intervene, it’d almost be idiotic for them not too. I hope jt stops cause his whole pre blow up story js great. I haven’t look yet but will be interesting to see how sponsors respond. If I had to guess they are in a wait and see/investigation of their own stage too 

40 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Yah I know. Kind of rare to see such a big name in the current age of social media with it happening. 

i assume the NBA is trying to intervene, it’d almost be idiotic for them not too. I hope jt stops cause his whole pre blow up story js great. I haven’t look yet but will be interesting to see how sponsors respond. If I had to guess they are in a wait and see/investigation of their own stage too 

And pretty sure Powerade released his commercial the same day the first bit of allegations came out. Just crazy. Have all this future ahead of you and you're willing to just throw it all away. 

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

The infuriating thing about Ja is that his past doesn’t include any of this stupidity. He’s a suburban kid from a good home that didn’t start doing this stuff until now. 

2 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

The infuriating thing about Ja is that his past doesn’t include any of this stupidity. He’s a suburban kid from a good home that didn’t start doing this stuff until now. 

Could just be the people he is surrounding himself with. Changing the culture he's around... And it isn't a good one.