Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Give it time....Pacers got a steal in Johny Furphy.

Bronny James' agent calling other teams than the Lakers and telling them that he would 'go to Australia and play in the NBL' if they took him is hilarious.....I think the only two teams that worked out James were Phoenix and Los Angeles.  And LA doesn't really want him, they just want LeBron to stay.

Bronny James' agent calling other teams than the Lakers and telling them that he would 'go to Australia and play in the NBL' if they took him is hilarious.....I think the only two teams that worked out James were Phoenix and Los Angeles.  And LA doesn't really want him, they just want LeBron to stay.

I’m not convinced at all with Furphy. I like Newton pick as the guy is a competitor with tools. Furphy is meh but I suppose where he was drafted it’s worth a shot. I like TSJ much better from a basketball perspective.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

11 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I’m not convinced at all with Furphy. I like Newton pick as the guy is a competitor with tools. Furphy is meh but I suppose where he was drafted it’s worth a shot. I like TSJ much better from a basketball perspective.

TSJ was off the board when Furphy was picked, so it’s not like it was an either/or.

Furphy is 19 and will be a three level scorer.  Will need some time to mature, but he’ll get there.  Comparison I’ve seen is Trey Murphy which I think is a fair comparison.

11 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Re: Furphy...that guy at that point in that draft is pretty dang good imo. A lot of people with first round grades on him, etc.

I'm pretty excited to see if Newton pans out too. He was a killer in college. Both of those guys are lotto tickets and if we get a Nembhard-type hit on one of them again, then wow.

32 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Re: Furphy...that guy at that point in that draft is pretty dang good imo. A lot of people with first round grades on him, etc.

I'm pretty excited to see if Newton pans out too. He was a killer in college. Both of those guys are lotto tickets and if we get a Nembhard-type hit on one of them again, then wow.

Furphy makes all kinds of sense. Pre G-League he would have been the quintessential draft and stash. Go play in the ABL for 3 years and we’ll see you when you’re 22. Truthfully, I hope that’s what happens with him anyway. Like Newton a lot. Tough as hell, fearless and has played so many big games. As a 3rd PG, no problem.The Akron kid’s a great story but I don’t see a role here anywhere.

1 hour ago, Demo said:

Furphy makes all kinds of sense. Pre G-League he would have been the quintessential draft and stash. Go play in the ABL for 3 years and we’ll see you when you’re 22. Truthfully, I hope that’s what happens with him anyway. Like Newton a lot. Tough as hell, fearless and has played so many big games. As a 3rd PG, no problem.The Akron kid’s a great story but I don’t see a role here anywhere.

I know nothing about Freeman. Seems like an Alize Johnson/Terry Taylor type of game?

38 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I know nothing about Freeman. Seems like an Alize Johnson/Terry Taylor type of game?

Just remember him having a huge came against, I think, Ohio in the MAC tournament. They couldn’t do anything with him. And rebounding is the most translatable skill in basketball by a mile and he’s got that. But he just looked like a kid who was probably hitting his ceiling.

17 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I like the Newton pickup more than the Furphy. Feel like Newton is another Nembhard and if we can have that as a backup point that learns from McConnell and Nembhard, in good shape there. Kid is a winner and can ball.

16 minutes ago, Demo said:

Just remember him having a huge came against, I think, Ohio in the MAC tournament. They couldn’t do anything with him. And rebounding is the most translatable skill in basketball by a mile and he’s got that. But he just looked like a kid who was probably hitting his ceiling.

And now the Pacers have Oscar and Freeman? Well the Mad Antz shouldn't have to worry about rebounding.

22 hours ago, Demo said:

Ok, go on Twitter, search “Kyle Filipowski girlfriend”, and thank me later. Oh my God.

Ohhhh boy… his childhood baby sitter. Allegedly she was 26 and he was 18 when they started “dating.” Allegedly Kyle and gf sent an email to Kyle’s family cutting off all contact. Kyle’s brother and mother stated on social media that this is not normal or good.

Is this one of the reasons Filipowski may have dropped in the draft? Youbetcha 

IMG_3602.png

On 6/28/2024 at 6:14 PM, Stuhoo said:

Ohhhh boy… his childhood baby sitter. Allegedly she was 26 and he was 18 when they started “dating.” Allegedly Kyle and gf sent an email to Kyle’s family cutting off all contact. Kyle’s brother and mother stated on social media that this is not normal or good.

Is this one of the reasons Filipowski may have dropped in the draft? Youbetcha 

IMG_3602.png

Craziest story on the internet this week no wonder he dropped so low makes me wonder what all got disclosed to teams during the interview process pre draft. 

So, will NBA ownership sign off on the Saudi Public Investment Fund offering 20 billion for the Celtics?