Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

I understand (and appreciate) having the Knicks perspective here, but you gotta understand you’re in a hornet’s nest of old-fashioned hatred during this series. Blindly hating every ounce of a team for a week+ is honestly my favorite part of the playoffs.

I’ll likely go back to rooting for them if they win, but they’re a bunch of flopping-a$$ try-hard trashketballers for another week or so.

I'm also a Hoosier my friend.  undergrad and one grad degree. If you knew them how I know them, oh my god you'd fall so in love.  All they do is talk about ball.  All gym rats and instead of complaining they take responsibility.   Good kids who don't get into trouble or don't put things fashion ( ben Simmons) in front of playing ball. 

Next year they very well may win it all because last year we discovered the style and this year we put some good pieces that fit our system and we'll  be able to add others who better fit it.  OG opened up a lot of things for us in terms of how we want to move forward. 

This series though, I think there's a very good chance the Pacers will win because 76ers took out two of our guys (one intentional the other on court fairness).  I just don't think we have enough to finish the job.  

1 hour ago, Banksyrules said:

I'm also a Hoosier my friend.  undergrad and one grad degree. If you knew them how I know them, oh my god you'd fall so in love.  All they do is talk about ball.  All gym rats and instead of complaining they take responsibility.   Good kids who don't get into trouble or don't put things fashion ( ben Simmons) in front of playing ball. 

I know them. That’s what I’m saying. I’ve been rooting for the Knicks all year. Easy guys to root for, just like all the stuff you’re saying. I always respect Thibs teams because of how hard they play. But here for a couple weeks I find every excuse possible to hate them. Just how it goes. 

This is some great discussion...and even better playoff hate. As a neutral observer, both teams are easy to root for and love the smack talk from both sides of players. Whoever wins the series will be who I hope wins the Finals. 

45 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I know them. That’s what I’m saying. I’ve been rooting for the Knicks all year. Easy guys to root for, just like all the stuff you’re saying. I always respect Thibs teams because of how hard they play. But here for a couple weeks I find every excuse possible to hate them. Just how it goes. 

I can't stand Hart after what he said about Indiana during the all star break.

1 minute ago, Hovadipo said:

Nice little half of roundball there. 

This team can’t defend better than that. Hell of a job. 
Side note: now that I’ve seen enough, Brunson may be the all-time flopper, because it’s not even limited to when he has the ball. Off ball. Screens. Rebounds. Doesn’t matter. If someone gets physical with him he throws his head  or flails or throws his body to emphasize it. It’s kind of amazing muscle memory to just react that way every time. 

4 minutes ago, Demo said:

This team can’t defend better than that. Hell of a job. 
Side note: now that I’ve seen enough, Brunson may be the all-time flopper, because it’s not even limited to when he has the ball. Off ball. Screens. Rebounds. Doesn’t matter. If someone gets physical with him he throws his head  or flails or throws his body to emphasize it. It’s kind of amazing muscle memory to just react that way every time. 

It’s even funnier because of how solid he is. With that frame he should just abuse people, instead he’s taking haymakers from……Ben Sheppard?

9 minutes ago, Demo said:

Wow, did Redick just mention that part of this beating is the Pacers playing well and not strictly Knicks injuries?

Somebody’s gonna get called to the Principal’s office after the game. 

Knicks are tired man. I think they are the only team to play this many games jn this time span. And that includes the Pacers 

2 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Knicks are tired man. I think they are the only team to play this many games jn this time span. And that includes the Pacers 

I agree and if OG doesn’t get back, maybe even if he does, this has gone from a series the Pacers can win to a series they should be favored to win. If they play disciplined defense the Knicks don’t have enough to beat them. 

1 minute ago, Demo said:

I agree and if OG doesn’t get back, maybe even if he does, this has gone from a series the Pacers can win to a series they should be favored to win. If they play disciplined defense the Knicks don’t have enough to beat them. 

Oh lol that was all sarcasm. Don’t run your dudes into the ground then cry about being tired

But yah.  No OG is a big deal 

21 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Here is the Spurs lineup I want to see next season...

PG- Dillingham

SG- Keldon Johnson

SF- Jeremy Sochan

PF- Wemby

C- Edey

Was good with it until Edey, nowhere near a starting NBA 5/forward, and way too slow for that team. Wemby is doing things no one has ever done, generational talent, more pieces to move / run around him, not a plodding big that gets by on his size

1 minute ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Was good with it until Edey, nowhere near a starting NBA 5/forward, and way too slow for that team. Wemby is doing things no one has ever done, generational talent, more pieces to move / run around him, not a plodding big that gets by on his size

I want to see a Wemby-Edey pick and roll. And Edey is quick enough to guard other 5s in the NBA. Plus you have Wemby still behind him.

9 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I want to see a Wemby-Edey pick and roll. And Edey is quick enough to guard other 5s in the NBA. Plus you have Wemby still behind him.

I’m just not an Edey fan at all for the NBA. We’ll see what he does once he’s drafted, but he’s way too plodding imo, no real versatility to his game, will get pulled outside and embarrassed. That he’s going to get drafted at all is a lot better than last season, I just don’t see it. Especially with Wemby, the guy flies down the floor, no one can defend him straight up. He had one game where he was coming down the floor 1 v 3 to the rim and all 3 of those dudes had no idea what to do. 
If Edey finds minutes imo it will be a team that needs a big to throw at or defend the rim, doesn’t fit in San Antonio imo