Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

FWIW... I watched the game without a rooting interest. Okay... I was slightly hoping for a Pacers win but also hoping that OG was fantastic (he was).

Until I read this thread, I had no idea that anyone would have considered the refs as especially notable. There were a few reviewed and reversed calls; that's why replay exists. Other than that? As a neutral watcher I gave the refs no thought when I turned the tv off.

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

FWIW... I watched the game without a rooting interest. Okay... I was slightly hoping for a Pacers win but also hoping that OG was fantastic (he was).

Until I read this thread, I had no idea that anyone would have considered the refs as especially notable. There were a few reviewed and reversed calls; that's why replay exists. Other than that? As a neutral watcher I gave the refs no thought when I turned the tv off.

The refs showed up when needed.

42 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Yeah!!!........(me running away)

47 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

BURN THE HERETIC! 

/s

42 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I'm almost never "the refs jobbed us" guy, but that was pretty ugly. But the 2 misses late, and the idea that you'd call a highly, highly questionable illegal screen after 47:45 of not calling a single 1 is......something, masked the 1 that just floors me,  the overturned foul call on Brunson. That was easy, it was obvious, and there were multiple unobstructed angles. That's a foul. They get it right on the floor,  then the replay office overturns it from right to wrong and supplies that poor Ref with a comically bad rationale. He got the ball clean and any contact after is deemed incidental? Really, is that how that works? Putting aside that he obviously bodied Turner on the block, he then went through him in the continuity of the play. That's a foul. It's always been a foul. Every level. No exceptions. Changing that is insane. And if they'd rightly stayed with the call, Thibs wouldn't have had a challenge on the missed call on the sideline. Imo they had a really bad last 5 or 6 minutes. Really bad.

If you're gonna call Turner's, fine. You're wrong, lame, and soft, but fine. But you probably need to call this one too then and if you don't, you should probably get the "kicked ball" call correct.

1 minute ago, Hovadipo said:

If you're gonna call Turner's, fine. You're wrong, lame, and soft, but fine. But you probably need to call this one too then and if you don't, you should probably get the "kicked ball" call correct.

So that’s considered room for the defender to react?

Huh 

2 minutes ago, Demo said:

So that’s considered room for the defender to react?

Huh 

At no point did his feet ever stop moving lol. Unbelievable.

And, look, I'm not sitting here saying the refs lost the game. Our max extension point guard going full Romeo Langford probably plays a part there, but the end of that game was horrendously officiated. And it even went both ways at times! If it weren't for the Knicks inexplicably winning the Brunson foul on Turner challenge, they wouldn't have been able to challenge the ball that clearly went off Nembhard's foot.

9 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

It feels like you're the only one who thinks that.  Watching Sportscenter, PTI, all sports shows (way outside of the Indiana market) everybody seems to be blasting the refs for the end of that game.  This is today's nba.

I have a question for you guys.

So I haven’t really watched a lot of NBA basketball.  Not over the last couple of years anyway.  I saw some of the Bucks series and caught the game last night.  I was really interested in watching Haliburton because that’s who gets talked about obviously.

Is that who he is?  I see that he plays with good pace and can pass the ball but all his shots look to be step back 3’s that he doesn’t hit at a high percentage.  The game winner against the Bucks was nice but all the other times I have seen him penetrate he always seems to be looking to throw it to someone else even when he seems to have a step and could take a good shot.  His backup has looked like the better player to me.  For someone that really hasn’t seen him play what am I missing?

58 minutes ago, IU - Kaulie said:

I have a question for you guys.

So I haven’t really watched a lot of NBA basketball.  Not over the last couple of years anyway.  I saw some of the Bucks series and caught the game last night.  I was really interested in watching Haliburton because that’s who gets talked about obviously.

Is that who he is?  I see that he plays with good pace and can pass the ball but all his shots look to be step back 3’s that he doesn’t hit at a high percentage.  The game winner against the Bucks was nice but all the other times I have seen him penetrate he always seems to be looking to throw it to someone else even when he seems to have a step and could take a good shot.  His backup has looked like the better player to me.  For someone that really hasn’t seen him play what am I missing?

He hasn't been the same since his injury and what you saw is not the real Hailburton. Before the injury he was looking to be a MVP candidate but just hasn't got back to himself.

15 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

He hasn't been the same since his injury and what you saw is not the real Hailburton. Before the injury he was looking to be a MVP candidate but just hasn't got back to himself.

Then he needs to go sit. Because he was pathetic. Did nothing but hurt the team by being on the floor.