Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
biteoftheapple

AJ to HOF

I know Downing asked Knight to come back when both were inducted to the HOF. It didn't work when a previous player asked him, but this open letter plus his age may actually work this time. It is also my understanding he respects Crean, and this would be a huge boost to Creans program. Providing a true closure may be just what the Hoosier God's need, plus do away with the curse many of us believe is on our program.

I know Downing asked Knight to come back when both were inducted to the HOF. It didn't work when a previous player asked him, but this open letter plus his age may actually work this time. It is also my understanding he respects Crean, and this would be a huge boost to Creans program. Providing a true closure may be just what the Hoosier God's need, plus do away with the curse many of us believe is on our program.

u believe there is a curse also? Has this been posted on a board? The curse is real!

AJ played his best hand. He showed his love for Coach, he knows what he and all former players mean to Coach, and is relying on Coachs word and honor. I hope Coach Knight comes to honor A J. I do not see him doing a thing, publicly for the University. But, its my hopes.

...and to stay on topic...thank you AJ for being the definition of a Hoosier basketball player.

AJ Guyton was a four-year starter and appeared in every game while at Indiana. When he left, Guyton was Indiana's all-time leader in three-point baskets (283) and fourth in all-time scoring (2,100).[1] He also ranked eighth in all-time Indiana assists (403) and tenth in steals (128).

Guyton's first year saw him become only the second Hoosier freshman to collect 400 points, 100 steals and 100 assists; the other to pull that off is Isiah Thomas.  Guyton made the All-Big Ten Team his sophomore year and the Playboy pre-season All-American Team his last two seasons

wikipedia AJ Guyton

AJ winning the game for us against #10 Temple:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei1KKilBURU

u believe there is a curse also? Has this been posted on a board? The curse is real!

How it all went down with Brand only looking for his next gig which he got then had some bad luck himself. From the AD and how they kept Davis when they shouldn't have to Sampson and cheating then Dakich. Then a search committee (really) to a 10 year contract @ over 2.5 million a year for winning only a B1G champ with this insane buyout. Assembly Hall falling down mid season. Cook Hall is a great positive but he didn't fair to well either. UCLA had a string of bad luck after Wooden, but he came to their games and still loved the program. Maybe there is and the General coming back can vex it. People turning their IU gear at the doors of Assembly Hall was pretty creepy. I've never been too superstitious but all athletes including myself always have some quirks or routines prior to or during competition.

How it all went down with Brand only looking for his next gig which he got then had some bad luck himself. From the AD and how they kept Davis when they shouldn't have to Sampson and cheating then Dakich. Then a search committee (really) to a 10 year contract @ over 2.5 million a year for winning only a B1G champ with this insane buyout. Assembly Hall falling down mid season. Cook Hall is a great positive but he didn't fair to well either. UCLA had a string of bad luck after Wooden, but he came to their games and still loved the program. Maybe there is and the General coming back can vex it. People turning their IU gear at the doors of Assembly Hall was pretty creepy. I've never been too superstitious but all athletes including myself always have some quirks or routines prior to or during competition.

if knight comes back I think the curse will b lifted but if not r great grand kids may speak of it like cubs fans

Was just thinking----I don't know if there is a Bob Knight curse but I do know Bob Knight can curse!

I remember sitting behind the IU bench in The Hall when he was coaching and I was amazed at how many expletives he could say in one sentence!  Man those refs took some verbal abuse!

Was just thinking----I don't know if there is a Bob Knight curse but I do know Bob Knight can curse!

I remember sitting behind the IU bench in The Hall when he was coaching and I was amazed at how many expletives he could say in one sentence!  Man those refs took some verbal abuse!

I'm sure most of the time they deserved it too!

Congrats AJ!  I miss players like you at IU!

I remember sitting behind the IU bench in The Hall when he was coaching and I was amazed at how many expletives he could say in one sentence! Man those refs took some verbal abuse!

I'd like to hear the ones he would use if he heard of this "curse". Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Everyone loves A.J and deservedly so, but I would be shocked if RMK ever returns. One thing we know about coach is that he is stubborn as a mule. We all know what RMK meant to the program, but no individual is greater than the whole. I would love for him to be more involved, but he's not so let's move forward. To steal a line from Hoosiers, "I hope you will support who we are, not who we are not". Or something like that. GO HOOSIERS!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners