Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

WayneFleekHoosier

(2015) SF Ogugua Anunoby to IU

Picture for reference because none of you guys have seen OG in person. I know how tall Devin is. I know how tall Troy is. Does me no good without someone seeing OG

None of us have seen OG in person except myself and djsalway***

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'm not really a take someone's word for it kind of person. I'll believe it when I see it. He was listed as 6'6" a little over a month ago

Two things:

1)  At least 6'6", long and athletic makes for a fantastic frame for a defensive wing.

2)  Hova and djsalway are extremely credible posters and are on campus. If they stood/sat right near OG during his visit and saw that he was about the same height as Troy, DD, etc, that's more than good enough for me!

I will spark controversy here---but I have always thought Matta is overrated as a coach.  His key to his success is great recruiting but I frankly haven't been impressed with what he's done with it.  Every year I look and he gets commits from some of the best players early and I just cant figure out how O$U does that---wink---wink--- :wink: :wink:. 

But back to the point of the posts---yes---the old UL teams and O$U are good examples of teams with success using big athletes.  To some extent Crean's old Marquette teams were like that.  I think Crean may be getting back to his type of team with this one and his current recruiting.  We shall see.

Yeah, I wasn't posting to support Matta as a coach, just saying that his teams typically have a lot of tall/long wings. A lot of guys that look like Troy Williams, for instance. The Evan Turner teams for example, I think they started Turner, Diebler, Lightey and Buford, all about 6'6"-6'8" wings. 

Agree and my comment wasn't directed at you BGleas---I just think O$U is one of those teams that does the least with the most amount of talent.

Yeah, I wasn't posting to support Matta as a coach, just saying that his teams typically have a lot of tall/long wings. A lot of guys that look like Troy Williams, for instance. The Evan Turner teams for example, I think they started Turner, Diebler, Lightey and Buford, all about 6'6"-6'8" wings. 

He's missed 1 Tourney in 8 years (and won the NIT that year. The other Tourney he missed was his first year when they were ineligible), made it to two final fours, 1 runner up, 3 elite 8s, and 5 Sweet Sixteens. He's only been to two Tourney's when he hasn't made the Sweet Sixteen.

He has won the Big Ten Tourney 4 out of 10 seasons and won the Conference outright 5 times! He has been in 6 Big Ten Tourney championship games since he became coach!

I mean, come on. We can hate OSU for a lot of reasons, but let's not pretend we wouldn't be ecstatic if Crean had a resume like Matta's.

I'd take a 121-53 over 40-68 in conference play any day.

And he coaches at a Football school!